The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

3 minutes ago, Pasha said:

Are the results still being posted or should we stop checking and wait until tomorrow?

Its just 11 in Geneva, maybe we will receive decisions today. I think I am not sure. 

i wasn't really anxious about getting my results back (98% I will be going to SOAS whether in get into IHEID or not), but now I can't help myself checking this thread and the portal every 5 minutes ... 
Anyways, I stand no chance compared to all the people rejected so far with incredible backgrounds. Crazy ! 

5 minutes ago, Bibou19 said:

i wasn't really anxious about getting my results back (98% I will be going to SOAS whether in get into IHEID or not), but now I can't help myself checking this thread and the portal every 5 minutes ... 
Anyways, I stand no chance compared to all the people rejected so far with incredible backgrounds. Crazy ! 

Nice, SOAS is a great school. I go there for undergrad and love it.

2 minutes ago, panameboss said:

Nice, SOAS is a great school. I go there for undergrad and love it.

Oh awesome ! Glad to hear you're enjoying your time at SOAS

Looking forward to September ! I've heard great things about SOAS and I really think it's the right school for me 

Well, my plan to keep off the anxiety is to turn off my email, this forum (after this post), and stay away from the follow-up until 6 pm tomorrow Geneva time; and be occupied in something as productive as watching some good movies. :D

It is either 'Yes' or 'No'; it can't get anything worse than that. See you all on the other side.

All the best.

50 minutes ago, gopstrit said:

Well, my plan to keep off the anxiety is to turn off my email, this forum (after this post), and stay away from the follow-up until 6 pm tomorrow Geneva time; and be occupied in something as productive as watching some good movies. :D

It is either 'Yes' or 'No'; it can't get anything worse than that. See you all on the other side.

All the best.

nice idea

1 hour ago, jasper8625 said:

two more results and this time both of them have been accepted,

releasing the results by order I think so maybe they will all come out in the next four hours..

I can only see American get accepted ...

7 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Can we the see the profiles of those who posted on the survey site?

If you click on that little red diamond it shows most of the people had a GPA scored out of 4 and GRE scores so whether or not they are American nationality it means they went to American uni.

2 minutes ago, panameboss said:

If you click on that little red diamond it shows most of the people had a GPA scored out of 4 and GRE scores so whether or not they are American nationality it means they went to American uni.

The status key is actually given below. A is American. All acceptances so far are A. All internationals even with American degrees have been rejected so far. But again too small a sample. Maybe we have more Americans here. 

Seems that people with lower GPAs are the ones being accepted?! haha so interesting. Maybe IHEID is being strategic too? Perhaps they realise that people with very strong GPA's have applied to other universities and may not have Geneva as their first option.  Just a thought! 

16 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Also someone just got rejected for International Econ. Who is getting accepted if there are more rejections?

Where can I see the result for International Econ? I don't see any update for international Econ on the thread. So, IHEID is my only application and I'm very nervous now.. It's hard to stay patient and calm when it comes to grad school entry. 

Edited by dana_318

10 minutes ago, Pasha said:

The status key is actually given below. A is American. All acceptances so far are A. All internationals even with American degrees have been rejected so far. But again too small a sample. Maybe we have more Americans here. 

I have long heard that they fancy American...

5 minutes ago, bg0907 said:

Seems that people with lower GPAs are the ones being accepted?! haha so interesting. Maybe IHEID is being strategic too? Perhaps they realise that people with very strong GPA's have applied to other universities and may not have Geneva as their first option.  Just a thought! 

Yes I think this could be. It's why you apply to LSE after the Oxbridge deadline so they don't reject you based on them thinking they are your 2nd choice.