The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

10 minutes ago, DA004 said:

They don't answer between 12-2 PM Geneva Time. Lunch time is dear to people in France and Switzerland. They will probably not send at all or just announce before going home. Patience!

I called before lunch time.... and we all love our lunch time ?

'Patience'! What? Who? Where?? ?

Edited by Vivere

9 minutes ago, DA004 said:

They don't answer between 12-2 PM Geneva Time. Lunch time is dear to people in France and Switzerland. They will probably not send at all or just announce before going home. Patience!

Two hour lunch break? Starting work at 9 and ending at 5.30? This would be a huge wow! for me, if that's the the only thing they do.

But most likely we are talking about some grad students trying to make some bucks on the side.

Guys! 

Let me say this now, irrespective of our results! 

You guys have been such a huge support from past couple of months, and especially this past week when the wait became a torture. 

Coming here on the forum, reading your posts, has been such a relief. Not to mention the solidarity that I feel. 

Thank you so much! 

3 minutes ago, Rubezahl said:

Two hour lunch break? Starting work at 9 and ending at 5.30? This would be a huge wow! for me, if that's the the only thing they do.

But most likely we are talking about some grad students trying to make some bucks on the side.

It is true in Switzerland that they take very seriously workers rights. Pretty much all shops are shut on sunday and during the week almost everything is closed by 7 pm so that workers have time for their families.

So it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they did in fact have a 2 hour lunch break. 

9 minutes ago, panameboss said:

It is true in Switzerland that they take very seriously workers rights. Pretty much all shops are shut on sunday and during the week almost everything is closed by 7 pm so that workers have time for their families.

So it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they did in fact have a 2 hour lunch break. 

Yes and in case of France as well. 

15 minutes ago, Akansha said:

I called them right now, they said we should hear back by today or tomo morning. They're not done with the evaluation yet. 

Really? Tomorrow morning?? I was pretty sure today would be the day...this is frustrating...

22 minutes ago, Akansha said:

I called them right now, they said we should hear back by today or tomo morning. They're not done with the evaluation yet. 

58 minutes ago, Vivere said:

Guys! 

Let me say this now, irrespective of our results! 

You guys have been such a huge support from past couple of months, and especially this past week when the wait became a torture. 

Coming here on the forum, reading your posts, has been such a relief. Not to mention the solidarity that I feel. 

Thank you so much! 

thanks for the info Akansha,

as Vivere said,

thanks for the posts and comments,

all of you were a great help.

I don't think I'll go to IHEID this year (going to apply for another major next year)

but still, it was a nice experience ^_^

Edited by jasper8625

Oh, come on, people. Why the hurry? I kind of like the uncertainty. 

I would prefer to be evaluated on the basis of substance, not numbers alone.

When you are in a hurry, i imagine, you tend to focus on the numbers only because they are easy to compare - the actual merit of the candidates goes in the background. 

My point is, I am OK with the waiting and I think it is for the better. Let them take their time.

Good luck to you all.

Hi guys, so I have been a silent spectator for a while now. Thought it will be good to post my MDev application decision since I have been following this forum since long. My followup shows that I have been admitted, but my scholarship request has been refused. I don't know whether I can realistically attend without the scholarship, but I am at least happy that I have been accepted. Good luck to the rest of you.

Edited by ss2233

2 minutes ago, ss2233 said:

Hi guys, so I have been a silent spectator for a while now. Thought it will be good to post my MDev application decision since I have been following this forum since long. My followup shows that I have been admitted, but my scholarship request has been refused. I don't know whether I can realistically attend with the scholarship, but I am at least happy that I have been accepted. Good luck to the rest of you.

When did you receive your decision?

have you looked for other sources of funding (scholarships/loans)?

1 minute ago, ss2233 said:

Did you also get your scholarship decision?

Hey! Sorry for the typo, someone else got accepted and posted their results so I was talking about that. 

I haven't gotten my result yet. 

1 minute ago, Vivere said:

Hey! Sorry for the typo, someone else got accepted and posted their results so I was talking about that. 

I haven't gotten my result yet. 

Haha, that was probably me. 

1 minute ago, fernandomli said:

When did you receive your decision?

have you looked for other sources of funding (scholarships/loans)?

Refreshed my page about 5 mins ago and it was posted there. I am going to start looking at funding options now. Sooo want to attend IHEID!!