The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

1 minute ago, jasper8625 said:

yeah,

We are pleased to inform you ~~~

then two hours later,

We regret to inform you ~~~

seriously...:wacko:

The Miss World screw up was inspired by this. #TrueStory

(Sorry please spare my bad sense of humor)

30 minutes ago, Akansha said:

The Miss World screw up was inspired by this. #TrueStory

(Sorry please spare my bad sense of humor)

Also Academy awards mess up.

2 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Two more decisions out- both rejections. MIA and MDev. 

those are from yesterday.

3 minutes ago, devx said:

Also Academy awards mess up.

haha yes

Edited by Akansha

2 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

What? But it says 16th March. 

ot this standard rejection letter on Tuesday. I was expecting it too so was prepared for the rejection. Europe is also going towards nationalism so I can see why I was rejected despite the good grades and good GRE. Also got into Columbia but will probably be going to Stellenbosch or Norway instead. Can't deal with Trump and his idiots. Good Luck to those still waiting but if you're American or Asian you probably got it already! :D

•  was expecting this. I Received the email a day ago. According to the Facebook Group the Institute rejected 95% of the Africans (Those who indicated that on FB and shared their true result) Maybe our grading system isn't up to their standards but only 3 of those actually went to African Universities most are from UK or USA. :( Lucky for me I got into a US program but I am scared of Trump and his America so probably won't go to Grad school at all.

8 minutes ago, Akansha said:

ot this standard rejection letter on Tuesday. I was expecting it too so was prepared for the rejection. Europe is also going towards nationalism so I can see why I was rejected despite the good grades and good GRE. Also got into Columbia but will probably be going to Stellenbosch or Norway instead. Can't deal with Trump and his idiots. Good Luck to those still waiting but if you're American or Asian you probably got it already! :D

•  was expecting this. I Received the email a day ago. According to the Facebook Group the Institute rejected 95% of the Africans (Those who indicated that on FB and shared their true result) Maybe our grading system isn't up to their standards but only 3 of those actually went to African Universities most are from UK or USA. :( Lucky for me I got into a US program but I am scared of Trump and his America so probably won't go to Grad school at all.

Ohhh Columbia is a wonderful school! Please don't let Trump scare you away! Obama went to Columbia!

I'm asking because I really don't know how bad it is,

If I apply for graduate school in the States this year, probably December,

will there be like, several/many disadvantages if i get accepted?(while studying)

Some people are saying they can't visit their hometowns because

they are afraid they can't go back to the states

8 minutes ago, jasper8625 said:

I'm asking because I really don't know how bad it is,

If I apply for graduate school in the States this year, probably December,

will there be like, several/many disadvantages if i get accepted?(while studying)

Some people are saying they can't visit their hometowns because

they are afraid they can't go back to the states

i would be honest in saying that it depends where you are from and if Trump and his cabinet choose to have another ban. It has surprised a lot of us Americans what he is doing. I would say that the schools in the states are generally liberal, but when it comes to travel. I cant really say. 

1 hour ago, jasper8625 said:

yeah,

We are pleased to inform you ~~~

then two hours later,

We regret to inform you ~~~

seriously...:wacko:

Ok! This may sound as a presumptuous statement, but my concern is once we finally get the result how do we know it's the real/final thing but not a mess up? 

If the results are same as the mail and the application platform then I think it might be safe to assume. 

However, lately things have been so unpredictable that I don't know what to think. 

Edited by Vivere

24 minutes ago, Vivere said:

Ok! This may sound as a presumptuous statement, but my concern is once we finally get the result how do we know it's the real/final thing but not a mess up? 

If the results are same as the mail and the application platform then I think it might be safe to assume. 

However, lately things have been so unpredictable that I don't know what to think. 

I wouldn't worry too much about this, I will trust the website. Of course, the system is not free from human error (just like pretty much everything), so there is always a chance someone will do something wrong, but it is not like everyone needs to call the school to confirm what is posted. 

What is killing me is the "under consideration" status, I can't look at this application page anymore! It is already noon in Geneve. Maybe the guy responsible for this will hit "enter" when he is about to go home today....he is surely having fun reading the forum!

5 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

Maybe the guy responsible for this will hit "enter" when he is about to go home today....he is surely having fun reading the forum!

Haha! I know, I was thinking the same thing yesterday, that everyday at noon during lunch they must be reading our comments and having a gala! 

Something like: " a bunch of over-worried, over-analytical fools"! ?

43 minutes ago, bg0907 said:
45 minutes ago, bg0907 said:

I have a feeling we might not be hearing back today either xD

Oh no, don't say that. This has been an emotional ride for me and I am sure for everyone else too, its got to end now. 

54 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

What do you guys think of Aalborg University? I have applied there for Master in Development and International Relations. 

I got an offer from University of Copenhagen (MA in Advanced Migration Studies) and from the research I did it seems like the standard of teaching is pretty high in all main Danish universities. They just don't have the same level of name recognition as schools in other countries. 

They don't answer between 12-2 PM Geneva Time. Lunch time is dear to people in France and Switzerland. They will probably not send at all or just announce before going home. Patience!