The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

For what i know, the GPA on the undergraduate it is a key aspect. In a webinar, they explained that doesn`t help what you have done after that if your GPA it is low. 

In my case it is not good enough, so my chances are few. But this of not get any news stress me and give me hope, which I do not if it is right. 

I hope all of you can get in! 

I thought they will notify us around 20 but I guess sooner the better coz PSIA has rejected me and all I can count on is IHEID, so if they reject me as well I really need to think about what I am gonna do the first year after college to boost my chance to be accepted next year ...but if they only fancy American or French speaker then I think there is nothing I can do to make them want me. But I do now colleges in the States do give high GPA, at least compared to that in China, I only got a 3.5,

31 minutes ago, Sade1122 said:

I thought they will notify us around 20 but I guess sooner the better coz PSIA has rejected me and all I can count on is IHEID, so if they reject me as well I really need to think about what I am gonna do the first year after college to boost my chance to be accepted next year ...but if they only fancy American or French speaker then I think there is nothing I can do to make them want me. But I do now colleges in the States do give high GPA, at least compared to that in China, I only got a 3.5,

I am sure they know how to moderate their expectations. They probably know some institutions give their students inflated grades. Could also depend on the reputation/rigour of your home university. Don't despair! 

Hey everyone, I've been monitoring this thread for a while, silently sharing your tension. I applied for the MDev program. I also applied to the new University of Geneva master in Innovation, Human Development, and Sustainability. Has anyone else applied to the university of Geneva? 

Also, I'm wondering, does anyone else have an application file that has a status of: application submitted? It doesn't read "Under Consideration" like everyone else has been noting. Although I will say, one of my recommenders tried unsuccessfully to turn in my 2nd letter after the deadline... 

Edited by MisterMister

3 hours ago, PriyankaS said:

Hey I'm from Nepal too. Good to see someone from Nepal applying. 

Feels great here too! There should be many.

Best wishes.

Mine said application complete for a while before it said under consideration. 

6 hours ago, MisterMister said:

Hey everyone, I've been monitoring this thread for a while, silently sharing your tension. I applied for the MDev program. I also applied to the new University of Geneva master in Innovation, Human Development, and Sustainability. Has anyone else applied to the university of Geneva? 

Also, I'm wondering, does anyone else have an application file that has a status of: application submitted? It doesn't read "Under Consideration" like everyone else has been noting. Although I will say, one of my recommenders tried unsuccessfully to turn in my 2nd letter after the deadline... 

Very surprised at the profiles of the people that have been refused--very impressive backgrounds! I wonder what IHEID is looking for :wacko:

7 hours ago, MisterMister said:

Yours seems as a unique case. You should contact admissions office to sort this out, I think.

Edited by Rubezahl

8 hours ago, MisterMister said:

You may have been deferred to the late application deadline, since the reference letter was submitted after the Jan deadline

More results have come out today. 3 acceptances and 2 rejections updated. Feels like it could happen any minute now. Felt all the anxiety and excitement like you guys,
but since the day I got to know that they only take around 18 every year in Pol/IR I have given up on all excitement and hope :P lol

3 minutes ago, nahuja32 said:

How is it that no one on this thread has got their acceptance /rejection. I hope we're all not getting worried for no reason. 

well even though they get rejected, lots of us won't post it...

like, "oh well, there goes geneva"

13 hours ago, jasper8625 said:

well even though they get rejected, lots of us won't post it...

like, "oh well, there goes geneva"

True. I thank those who have posted the results including the notes and especially  those who got rejections. Its something special after one gets a shocker