The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

2 hours ago, fernandomli said:

Hey, we are past the first day of March. Could today be considered "mid-March" already?

For me everyday until decision day will be someday-in-March. :-P The anxiety is just so palpable now.

Edited by ss2233

Hi. I was checking the website for information about housing, and they have a timetable for applying. They say that on March 20th they will open applications for admitted students, so I guess it is safe to assume that before that we will have the results. That would mean no later than Friday, 17th.

27 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

Hi. I was checking the website for information about housing, and they have a timetable for applying. They say that on March 20th they will open applications for admitted students, so I guess it is safe to assume that before that we will have the results. That would mean no later than Friday, 17th.

Thanks for the information. Could you post the link? 

Judging by the admission decisions from this forum http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=IHEID&t=a&o=i&pp=50  the earliest updates are available from 11th of March onward. Around 20th is more common. So I expect to be updated in about 2 weeks as well (which doesn't stop me from checking the portal every 25 minutes). 

2 hours ago, toyer said:

Judging by the admission decisions from this forum http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=IHEID&t=a&o=i&pp=50  the earliest updates are available from 11th of March onward. Around 20th is more common. So I expect to be updated in about 2 weeks as well (which doesn't stop me from checking the portal every 25 minutes). 

@toyer that was useful, thanks! :) 

Although it did nothing to alleviate the anxiety....  The wait is such a torment, can't seem to focus :(

4 hours ago, toyer said:

Thanks for this info but it isn't really helping the anxiety knowing it's just 10 days away. 

P.S. Does anyone know how long SciencesPo takes make their decision? 

24 minutes ago, Pasha said:

Thanks for this info but it isn't really helping the anxiety knowing it's just 10 days away. 

Hi, I applied to Sciencespo this year too, it took them around 45 days to make their decision (I applied at the end of november and got my decision mid-january)

14 hours ago, Pasha said:

I applied in the second week of Jan and got the results 24 days later. So it probably depends on the volume of application they are processing.

19 hours ago, toyer said:

So I expect to be updated in about 2 weeks as well (which doesn't stop me from checking the portal every 25 minutes). 

Exactly :wacko:

56 minutes ago, Autumn Springs said:

I applied in the second week of Jan and got the results 24 days later. So it probably depends on the volume of application they are processing.

Which programme did you apply for out of curiosity?

58 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

Me too. Were you admitted? Which one do you prefer?

Yes i was admitted for SciencesPo PSIA... Iheid seems to have better internship opportunities while PSIA is more well-established in terms of curriculum. I prefer the one that gives me the scholarship :) If all else equal, I really don't know which to select, but I'm leaning towards PSIA.

Guys! I have a couple of questions: 

If you see the QS World Ranking, Sussex University is at number 1 for development studies. 

But on the boards here I see majority applying for PSIA or our beloved IHEID (including myself).... then the other day I heard that Hertie and Erasmus Rotterdam (the Mdev course is offered at The Hague) are also very good. 

So how come these universities are nowhere in top 20 (in the field of development studies)? And why most of us here are not keen to apply for Ivy leagues, Oxbridge, or other top universities? 

Please forgive my generalisations.... I don't intend to offend anyone or question anyone's judgment.... I am simply trying to understand as I've been out of college for quite sometime. 

11 hours ago, Autumn Springs said:

Exactly :wacko:

I applied both too in the second week of Jan and haven't received any result, not MDev though. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Vivere said:

Guys! I have a couple of questions: 

If you see the QS World Ranking, Sussex University is at number 1 for development studies. 

But on the boards here I see majority applying for PSIA or our beloved IHEID (including myself).... then the other day I heard that Hertie and Erasmus Rotterdam (the Mdev course is offered at The Hague) are also very good. 

So how come these universities are nowhere in top 20 (in the field of development studies)? And why most of us here are not keen to apply for Ivy leagues, Oxbridge, or other top universities? 

Please forgive my generalisations.... I don't intend to offend anyone or question anyone's judgment.... I am simply trying to understand as I've been out of college for quite sometime. 

My 2 cents. For me, I have applied to Ivies and Oxbridge in the past and some now too. (I have gotten into some but funding has been the decisive factor). Honestly, I didn't know about IHIED until a year ago. It is more popular in Europe, else I would have applied in the past year. MDev at IHEID also looks good because of the significant funding they give. And of course because it is well recognized and is also in the heart of Geneva.