The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

25 minutes ago, panameboss said:

@jasper8625 how long did it take you to hear back from Sciences Po? I submitted my app like 3 weeks ago and am just trying to gauge when they might make a decision.

Submitted the admission in late December, around Dec 22 I think.

So about 10 weeks for me,

but I think it will be much faster for you since all the applications are nearly announced now

so the committee would probably have a look at yours faster than mine.

5 minutes ago, Palolem said:

There are more than 2 people, actually...This is weird. Scroll down, you'll see more 2017 results. 

You are right, it seems they all happened between Friday and today. One person is saying they called to give the results, which is odd.

They all seem to be rejections, though.

17 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

You are right, it seems they all happened between Friday and today. One person is saying they called to give the results, which is odd.

Now that gives me the jitters. Does anyone know how the scholarship thing works? So you could be accepted but receive no scholarship, and you could also be accepted and receive some financial help? Do they necessarily match up to your financial needs?

24 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

So weird. Still says "under consideration" for me in any case.

Ummm.. I had contacted the admissions committee and was told we should start anticipating the results anytime later this week. Also yes, we immediately get an email once the portal is updated. 

But this new thing that has surfaced stressed me out wayyy tooo mucchhhhh .. they usually don't do that, wtf?!!? we all hear back together, right? Also, they have been rejecting really good profiles!!!! I STAND NO CHANCE!

2 minutes ago, SantiagoA said:

I contacted them the last week, and they told me that results will be released on wednesday...But this it is stressing!

i know, gave me a mild heart attack

"I am actually pretty shocked! I wonder who got in then? Not to be cocky but I have 3 First Author Publications along with respected Professors who also gave me glowing recommendations. Plus 2 years working experience at UNICEF"

After this, i really don't know.

I gathered from some of the respondents that IHEID prefers French speakers. Not too sure about the Americans part. Honestly if they have such a preference and choose to reject me based on that, it wouldn't hurt a single bit not to be part of such an institution. 

2 minutes ago, Akansha said:

"I am actually pretty shocked! I wonder who got in then? Not to be cocky but I have 3 First Author Publications along with respected Professors who also gave me glowing recommendations. Plus 2 years working experience at UNICEF"

After this, i really don't know.

That scared me too. I have not authored anything with anyone other than my own thesis :P Let's hope the affirmative action part ( diversity quota ) saves us.

1 minute ago, ediypzy said:

That scared me too. I have not authored anything with anyone other than my own thesis :P Let's hope the affirmative action part ( diversity quota ) saves us.

haha, let's hope so! but my gpa is pretty low so that puts my chances on stake.

also, according to some of the students i spoke to claimed that not knowing french doesnt affect the decisons. lets hope we dont get trampled in such weird politics.

There are 7 rejections so far, 6 of which were posted today. Let's hope they left all approvals for tomorrow! 

This is just cruel: once they know who was rejected, they know who was approved too, so they could simply send out all results. 

I am trying to ignore the fact that the rejected profiles look better than mine...

11 minutes ago, fernandomli said:

I am trying to ignore the fact that the rejected profiles look better than mine...

Same haha. If that guy with 4 published papers and 2 masters didn't get in then I can't imagine what my chances are. At least I fit the American and French speaking criteria (if that really exists)

EDIT: maybe they thought he was overqualified or something lol

Edited by panameboss

3 minutes ago, panameboss said:

Same haha. If that guy with 4 published papers and 2 masters didn't get in then I can't imagine what my chances are. At least I fit the American and French speaking criteria (if that really exists)

EDIT: maybe they thought he was overqualified or something lol

I am also repeating to myself the "overqualified" point, but it is a bit hard to believe! I hope they need more people from BRICS countries!

Hey everyone,

I have been reading your posts all along, and I can relate to your anxiousness, especially when few of the applications have already met rejections, and we have less than 48 hours to have our decisions. Let's hope for the best! May we all have what we deserve.

MDEV Applicant.

Edited by scorpion

2 hours ago, gopstrit said:

Hey everyone,

I have been reading your posts all along, and I can relate to your anxiousness, especially when few of the applications have already met rejections, and we have less than 48 hours to have our decisions. Let's hope for the best! May we all have what we deserve.

MDEV Applicant.

Hey I'm from Nepal too. Good to see someone from Nepal applying.