46 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

Hi there, I don't want to alarm you, but if you are applying to IHEID I think you should upload the docs and the LoRs. I was watching one of the webinars on their websites they suggested completing the entire process by 22nd. But then again they have their deadline on 1st March. Also thanks for the info on UOttawa, I am patiently waiting for them to complete my application. 

Thanks for the heads up! I will do it this week. Even if I get admitted there, I don't think I can realistically go. The cost of living there is high plus I am currently in the process of securing my immigration within Canada, and don't want to leave it suddenly just to start all over in two years (even for Geneva, sigh).

3 minutes ago, justajournalist said:

Thanks for the heads up! I will do it this week. Even if I get admitted there, I don't think I can realistically go. The cost of living there is high plus I am currently in the process of securing my immigration within Canada, and don't want to leave it suddenly just to start all over in two years (even for Geneva, sigh).

I get why you wouldn't want to leave Canada, its my top choice for education. Anyway, good luck!

4 hours ago, Nupur11 said:

Also can someone please shed some light on when MUNK sends out their decisions? 

Last year, Munk people got some decisions starting in April. A friend on the waitlist got a final decision by end of summer. That's just a sampling and in no way an official timeline! 

EDIT a few mins later: I checked the results page on this forum. Seems like 2015 and 2016 decisions came out March onwards. 

Edited by justajournalist

13 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Super weird... I got an email from uottawa saying they updated my admission file. I thought it was maybe the new letter of intent? But it shows 3 resumes checked off :S interesting...  im confused haha

I got a similar email AFTER some changes to my applications were made via phone. 

Edited by msat

3 minutes ago, msat said:

I got a similar email AFTER some changes to my applications were made via phone. 

The only thing that should have been added is a new letter of intent, but it doesn't show two 'letter of intents' acknowledged in receipt. It only shows one acknowledged receipt of a letter of intent. But I'm assuming that's what they updated? I don't like how they don't tell you what it is! 

2 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

The only thing that should have been added is a new letter of intent, but it doesn't show two 'letter of intents' acknowledged in receipt. It only shows one acknowledged receipt of a letter of intent. But I'm assuming that's what they updated? I don't like how they don't tell you what it is! 

Its hit or miss with OttawaU. Last week when I called, the lady I spoke to was super helpful and spent a few minutes with me going over my documents/applications. She updated a couple items and I was on my way. Today, the lady I spoke to gave me the usual "very busy - lots of documents to process - just wait" speech. As I previously mentioned, according to last year's thread, we could start seeing admission's offer next week sometime. 

4 hours ago, msat said:

Its hit or miss with OttawaU. Last week when I called, the lady I spoke to was super helpful and spent a few minutes with me going over my documents/applications. She updated a couple items and I was on my way. Today, the lady I spoke to gave me the usual "very busy - lots of documents to process - just wait" speech. As I previously mentioned, according to last year's thread, we could start seeing admission's offer next week sometime. 

5 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Super weird... I got an email from uottawa saying they updated my admission file. I thought it was maybe the new letter of intent? But it shows 3 resumes checked off :S interesting...  im confused haha

I got an email too and was super excited, thinking maybe they're a little earlier this year with acceptances. Went to my file and absolutely nothing had changed haha. Maybe it's just another bug like they had a while back. For the past few weeks, my GSPIA file has had 2 letters of intent checked off and 4 transcripts from the same university for undergrad. Interesting, as you say...

4 hours ago, JV-K said:

I got an email too and was super excited, thinking maybe they're a little earlier this year with acceptances. Went to my file and absolutely nothing had changed haha. Maybe it's just another bug like they had a while back. For the past few weeks, my GSPIA file has had 2 letters of intent checked off and 4 transcripts from the same university for undergrad. Interesting, as you say...

LOL me too. I have like 4 transcripts from uottawa ,3 resumes, and a random additional form that I never submitted? My list of documents is extremely long haha.

Hi guys. I am glad you guys at least got an email. They aren't even replying to mine, I must have sent like 5 emails. Finally calling them now. 

3 hours ago, Hopeful2017 said:

LOL me too. I have like 4 transcripts from uottawa ,3 resumes, and a random additional form that I never submitted? My list of documents is extremely long haha.

7 hours ago, JV-K said:

The University of Ottawa is beyond frustrating. Their administration is so inept and inefficient. My thought has been, why wouldn't they (the Graduate Studies office) send off documents to their respective departments immediately rather than comb through every single document for EVERY program in the FSS (Faculty of Social Sciences) and according to conversations I've had with their office, calculate our GPA's before sending it to the department/school one is applying to. It creates a huge backlog and not to mention, a confusing online situation and a lack of email responses leaves applicants in the dark...

37 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

The University of Ottawa is beyond frustrating. Their administration is so inept and inefficient. My thought has been, why wouldn't they (the Graduate Studies office) send off documents to their respective departments immediately rather than comb through every single document for EVERY program in the FSS (Faculty of Social Sciences) and according to conversations I've had with their office, calculate our GPA's before sending it to the department/school one is applying to. It creates a huge backlog and not to mention, a confusing online situation and a lack of email responses leaves applicants in the dark...

Hi, same boat. I am so annoyed, oh my god, I don' know who I spoke to today she said they are still on JAN emails which means they are really slow. And I sent my documents in December second week so that's like what 2 months now? Firstly I literally don't get how casual they are with the applications and secondly how can you not specify when this whole fiasco will get over. I am certainly questioning if my application will even be assessed now. Also I now have 3 language certificate ticks in the receipts column, don't know how!  

Edited by Nupur11

43 minutes ago, justajournalist said:

Mine starts with T, so okay, not panicking lol 

I have zero proof they even go by last name, so this might just  be the weirdest thing I've asked someone on this forum. 

Mine starts with a Y, so I'll just sit tight lol.

So I just checked my Munk application and the status changed to "under review"!!! 

I am so annoyed with Ottawa too, I emailed them my resume and letter of intent, and they have uploaded my resume to my file but not my letter! Which makes no sense, so currently my application status is "Your admission file is incomplete"