Fall 2018 Masters of Health Informatics

hanam

On 2/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, ignito said:

My status still says document pending after uploading all the documents by the deadline.  Has anyone's status changed? 

I noticed mine changed a few days after the deadline. I had submitted my documents a few days early and called Zoe,  the program assistant, to confirm things were fine. She said 'documents pending' was normal and that things wouldn't change until they manually went in changed it... so I think you're fine? The office is quite nice so calling for yourself would not hurt, she just asked for my name and had a look right then and there.

5 minutes ago, Cloudbank said:

I noticed mine changed a few days after the deadline. I had submitted my documents a few days early and called Zoe,  the program assistant, to confirm things were fine. She said 'documents pending' was normal and that things wouldn't change until they manually went in changed it... so I think you're fine? The office is quite nice so calling for yourself would not hurt, she just asked for my name and had a look right then and there.

Thank you so much! My status is still documents pending. I guess I will call the office just for confirmation.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, Sanj010 said:

Hi everyone, 

I applied to McMaster, UTO, UVIC, and Waterloo. I received an acceptance letter from Waterloo today.

when was your interview? how was it? also, my documents are still pending, i also finalized on day of application deadline.

Edited by compactdisc

My status changed to under review a few days ago. It seems from last years thread, that people should be hearing back for interviews shortly. I hope that I don't get a call while I am my vacation. 

I didn't apply to any other programs. 

Good luck everyone!! 

If we are invited for an interview, will the invitation be made by email or phone? For out of province applicants who are invited, will they be required to travel to Toronto or will they be interviewed via phone?

On 2/15/2018 at 5:34 PM, fleejy said:

If we are invited for an interview, will the invitation be made by email or phone? For out of province applicants who are invited, will they be required to travel to Toronto or will they be interviewed via phone?

Hey fleejy, reading through some of the threads from past years, I believe the invitation comes through email. Out of province applicants were able to do interviews over the phone it seems so I wouldn't worry about that, but check for yourself just in case.

I think interview notices should be coming out in the next couple weeks or so. I'm super nervous lol

On 1/30/2018 at 9:10 PM, Cloudbank said:

Just finished up my application today... so nervous!

Anyone else with an undergrad that isn't explicitly health/business/CS? I'm little worried as my academic background seems a bit off the mark for this program (neuroscience). But a lot of my courses/projects had a lot of clinical tie-ins and my current work position is in health research with quite a bit of emphasis in EMR systems. Haven't done anything big yet but I'm also learning to code in my spare time. Good luck to everyone!

Haha don't worry, I'm in the same boat. I also studied Neuroscience but have a clinical/project management experience outside of my degree, and a little bit of a coding background too. Hoping it'll be enough, but who knows!

On 2/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, SARDEEP said:

Hello Sanj010

congrats.What is your experience background?.

Thanks. I did my bachelors in health sciences  and I have a bit over  3 years of experience working with two of BC's health authorities. 

20 hours ago, Sanj010 said:

Thanks. I did my bachelors in health sciences  and I have a bit over  3 years of experience working with two of BC's health authorities. 

Thank you.You are really lucky to get the offer this soon.I heard that it will be only by March.

Edited by SARDEEP

10 hours ago, hanam said:

I haven't heard anything. I just checked my status and it is still under review. 

Mine is still showing as Application and not even under review..Did you guys had the same status before under review? Any email to confirm it’s under review?

If you sign into your SGS account, it should show you your application status when you go into My Applications. There's no email. All the statuses are as follows:

Application Status

The following are descriptions for each of the six status levels that your application may be in:

Draft - Incomplete
Your application is in draft mode and has not been submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. You must review and make changes to your application prior to submission since all of the information required to process your application has not yet been provided.

Draft - Complete
Your application information is complete but is still in draft mode. You may still review your application and make changes prior to submission. 

Payment Pending
Your application has been submitted but will not be reviewed until payment has been received. 

Documents Pending
Your application and payment have been received. Review of your application is waiting for receipt of all supporting documentation.

Documents Pending, excl. official transcripts
Once all your online supporting documents have been received, your status will automatically be updated to this status. Some graduate units ask applicants to send official transcripts at the time of application, while others only request them of shortlisted candidates. Please check the supporting documents section of your application to confirm whether or not you need to submit formal transcripts at this point.

Under Review 
All payment and supporting documentation has been received and your application is being reviewed.

Decision Made
A decision has been reached for your application. You will receive a notification via mail with the details of the decision.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:42 AM, NanBD said:

If you sign into your SGS account, it should show you your application status when you go into My Applications. There's no email. All the statuses are as follows:

Application Status

The following are descriptions for each of the six status levels that your application may be in:

Draft - Incomplete
Your application is in draft mode and has not been submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. You must review and make changes to your application prior to submission since all of the information required to process your application has not yet been provided.

Draft - Complete
Your application information is complete but is still in draft mode. You may still review your application and make changes prior to submission. 

Payment Pending
Your application has been submitted but will not be reviewed until payment has been received. 

Documents Pending
Your application and payment have been received. Review of your application is waiting for receipt of all supporting documentation.

Documents Pending, excl. official transcripts
Once all your online supporting documents have been received, your status will automatically be updated to this status. Some graduate units ask applicants to send official transcripts at the time of application, while others only request them of shortlisted candidates. Please check the supporting documents section of your application to confirm whether or not you need to submit formal transcripts at this point.

Under Review 
All payment and supporting documentation has been received and your application is being reviewed.

Decision Made
A decision has been reached for your application. You will receive a notification via mail with the details of the decision.

Thank you.Mine is saying Just Application, that’s all.