Jump to content
hanam

Fall 2018 Masters of Health Informatics

Recommended Posts

On 2018-03-09 at 8:34 PM, Cloudbank said:

You saved me from a weekend of moping. Thanks for the info!

Hey did you hear from U of T yet! I haven't yet, and am kind of disappointed because I thought my experience lent itself well to the program. The uncertainty is killing me ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seait said:

Hey did you hear from U of T yet! I haven't yet, and am kind of disappointed because I thought my experience lent itself well to the program. The uncertainty is killing me ! 

Did you apply to eMHI or the regular stream?

Has anyone from the eMHI heard back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, chekz said:

Did you apply to eMHI or the regular stream?

Has anyone from the eMHI heard back yet?

I applied to the regular stream; from the look of things, I doubt that e mhi applicants would hear before the deadline! Best of luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a sad news for me today. I followed up with Zoe yesterday and below is her response just today—-

Good afternoon _________,

Your application to the Master of Health Informatics program at the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation has been carefully considered.  I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the program.  We had a large number of applicants for a very limited number of available spaces, and we were unable to accept many qualified applicants.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Zoe Downie-Ross

Graduate Assistant

Masters of Health Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology MSc/PhD

Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation

————

Wishing everyone here success! 

Cheers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kat U. said:

It’s a sad news for me today. I followed up with Zoe yesterday and below is her response just today—-

Good afternoon _________,

Your application to the Master of Health Informatics program at the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation has been carefully considered.  I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the program.  We had a large number of applicants for a very limited number of available spaces, and we were unable to accept many qualified applicants.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Zoe Downie-Ross

Graduate Assistant

Masters of Health Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology MSc/PhD

Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation

————

Wishing everyone here success! 

Cheers!

 

So sorry to hear that! I guess I should also prepare myself to receive a similar response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seait said:

Hey did you hear from U of T yet! I haven't yet, and am kind of disappointed because I thought my experience lent itself well to the program. The uncertainty is killing me ! 

yes, actually! I have an interview for the 10th.

I had called Zoe during a particularly anxious moment in my day before I received the e-mail, and she said they'll continue to send out notifications throughout this week. hope they get to you soon with good news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kat U. said:

It’s a sad news for me today. I followed up with Zoe yesterday and below is her response just today—-

Good afternoon _________,

Your application to the Master of Health Informatics program at the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation has been carefully considered.  I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the program.  We had a large number of applicants for a very limited number of available spaces, and we were unable to accept many qualified applicants.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Zoe Downie-Ross

Graduate Assistant

Masters of Health Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology MSc/PhD

Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation

————

Wishing everyone here success! 

Cheers!

 

 

24 minutes ago, Cloudbank said:

yes, actually! I have an interview for the 10th.

I had called Zoe during a particularly anxious moment in my day before I received the e-mail, and she said they'll continue to send out notifications throughout this week. hope they get to you soon with good news!

Congrats! I guess I am having that anxious moment just about right now :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kat U. said:

It’s a sad news for me today. I followed up with Zoe yesterday and below is her response just today—-

Good afternoon _________,

Your application to the Master of Health Informatics program at the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation has been carefully considered.  I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the program.  We had a large number of applicants for a very limited number of available spaces, and we were unable to accept many qualified applicants.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Zoe Downie-Ross

Graduate Assistant

Masters of Health Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology MSc/PhD

Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation

————

Wishing everyone here success! 

Cheers!

 

I am so sorry to hear this! Was this sent post interviews for the full time stream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about the emails sent to some applicants here. I think those who don't receive interview offers already have their rejection decisions made but not mailed yet. 

I am really saddened and I don't want to reach out to Zoe because I don't want this email yet. Still hanging to a thread of hope!

Best of luck on the interviews guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've received an email for interview as well.

Sorry to hear from the folks that didn't get called for an interview. If any of you need any guidance on getting into the field, feel free to PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

Sorry to hear about the emails sent to some applicants here. I think those who don't receive interview offers already have their rejection decisions made but not mailed yet. 

I am really saddened and I don't want to reach out to Zoe because I don't want this email yet. Still hanging to a thread of hope!

Best of luck on the interviews guys. 

Don't lose hope! I just called Zoe and she said that they're still sending out interview invites over the next few days :) She said to email her if you don't receive an invite over the next few days for more information on your application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a generic regret email from Zoe as well. I asked her for an update this morning.

Good luck to those who received interviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Justis said:

Don't lose hope! I just called Zoe and she said that they're still sending out interview invites over the next few days :) She said to email her if you don't receive an invite over the next few days for more information on your application.

Hey thank you so much for the info! I know that's what I keep telling myself 'oh they have the rest of this week to send invites' as they are probably doing some everyday, but I don't know anymore as the days pass the harder it gets to wait. I shot myself in the foot by only applying to UofT so there's that, haha!

I noticed people here have graduated and have some valuable work experience that adds plenty of weight to their application, and here I am only finishing the last semester of my undergrad.

I hope the best for you all though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an interview for UofT!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! Sorry some people didn't get interview. Feel free to pm me for my experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, anoopkd said:

I am so sorry to hear this! Was this sent post interviews for the full time stream?

Hi. No, I didn’t even receive any invterview invite. It’s just plain out rejection at the very beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview? In terms of the 5 minute presentation do you think they are looking more at your public speaking/presentation skills and less about the content of the presentation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Hey thank you so much for the info! I know that's what I keep telling myself 'oh they have the rest of this week to send invites' as they are probably doing some everyday, but I don't know anymore as the days pass the harder it gets to wait. I shot myself in the foot by only applying to UofT so there's that, haha!

I noticed people here have graduated and have some valuable work experience that adds plenty of weight to their application, and here I am only finishing the last semester of my undergrad.

I hope the best for you all though.

Don't give up hope I'm also finishing my undergrad as well and just got an email today for an interview in april!
In terms of experience I dont really have much in terms of healthcare or technology besides some courses that I had taken if anything I have more research experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zeeW said:

Don't give up hope I'm also finishing my undergrad as well and just got an email today for an interview in april!
In terms of experience I dont really have much in terms of healthcare or technology besides some courses that I had taken if anything I have more research experience.

Yay, Congratulations! That's really a relief eh, I hope you ace the interview. 

Yeah I really like this field because coming from a health sciences (I had the chance to take a course in health informatics at UofT, but couldn't due to enrollment limit) and biology background I was fed up with traditional sciences and I wanted to broaden my scope incorporating the technological world into my career somehow. I hope I portrayed my passions strongly on the letter of intent. I would be so delighted if I got an interview too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, compactdisc said:

got rejection from waterloo, still nothing from UofT

so sorry to hear that. anyone else heard back from waterloo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.