Funding Packages

phyanth

So, I've seen threads in other groups where people share their funding packages for MA/PhD as a useful resource for people who want to apply for schools, but aren't sure what the funding may be like. Or you know, just for sheer curiosity too. Anyways, the google sheet is editable by anyone, so feel free to add your school. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qoEVD2hIshffv07L00z0pDS0M25cKCB7PcjXpk-v5X0/edit?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, phyanth said:

@TakeruK, do you know how we pin this post? Thank you!

I've pinned it for you, as requested! As of this writing, this is the 3rd pinned post for the subforum. We don't currently have a policy for pinning posts since the requests rarely come up so I'll just follow what each community wants for now. Just pointing out that if the frequency of requests for pinned posts change, we may have to revisit which posts are pinned!

• 1 month later...

'Sup, all. Just wanted to clarify how people are structuring their calculations; e.g., if you post something like "$30k/year; $5000 summer", does that mean 25k for the academic year and 5k divided among the summer months? Thanks and congratulations to all!

11 hours ago, AnthroPhDHopeful said:

'Sup, all. Just wanted to clarify how people are structuring their calculations; e.g., if you post something like "$30k/year; $5000 summer", does that mean 25k for the academic year and 5k divided among the summer months? Thanks and congratulations to all!

Hi! I don't want to answer for everyone but I'd assume they mean what you think.  The 30 should or would include the 5k in the summers. 

My fellowship is 26k per year. 11k in the spring and fall semesters and 4k in the summer. 

Edited by waltzforzizi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, checkingmyemail said:

Just wanted to say...... WOW. The packages offered for some of these programs are simply incredible, compared to Clinical Psychology! Lol

Really??? I would have thought our packages would have been lower!

Hi all, 

Just a quick note: I keep seeing users that end up deleting all of the data except around 5 universities. Please refrain from doing this, so everyone is able to see all of the data. If you want to add to the spreadsheet, please feel free to do so. Just don't delete existing data!

Thank you :)

• 5 months later...

I noticed that using the filters in the top row of the document has the effect of "erasing" the data.  I have unfiltered the data for now so that everything is visible again.  For anyone who is only looking at the information and not adding anything to it, please consider making a copy of the spreadsheet to your own Google account so that any filtering and such doesn't affect the main document itself.  Thanks!