Jump to content
Markee

WFP Future International Talent (FIT) Pool

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Flandes said:

Hi everyone,

So I see that you —Ekamax and Markee— have done video interviews (31 July) after the written tests (11 July).....

I have never been invited for a video interview so I guess I did not pass the written assessment.....

Anyway, I also sent them a sort email to get some answers on the written assessment and they said to me that written assessments are still under revision.....who knows...

Cheers

 

Hi Flandes,

I also took written assessment for prog policy officer like you and so far I was not invited for video interview. I do think they didn't start yet with video interview for prog policy officer position...so let's be a bit patient...

best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t do the WFP pool but I know UN rosters can take a long time and sometimes you have more than one exam and interview.  So I would recommend working elsewhere or have something else lined up.  I always think it’s a good idea for UN staff to have been on the NGO side at one point in their careers.  I find those who have only been UN don’t have a full view of the aid world and are not as equipped as those who have been on the other side.  

There are plenty of NGOs that have short term gigs or even consultancies so check them out while waiting.  It is also good to have in case the pool doesn’t work out.

 

 I’d also recommend researching bc some agencies are better than others with regard to becoming long- term/ perm staff.  

Edited by Westpolicy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Westpolicy said:

I didn’t do the WFP pool but I know UN rosters can take a long time and sometimes you have more than one exam and interview.  So I would recommend working elsewhere or have something else lined up.  I always think it’s a good idea for UN staff to have been on the NGO side at one point in their careers.  I find those who have only been UN don’t have a full view of the aid world and are not as equipped as those who have been on the other side.  

There are plenty of NGOs that have short term gigs or even consultancies so check them out while waiting.  It is also good to have in case the pool doesn’t work out.

 

 I’d also recommend researching bc some agencies are better than others with regard to becoming long- term/ perm staff.  

Many thanks to you dear Westpolicy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the online test in August. 

I heard from them in the beginning of this month. In a span of 2 weeks, i have done a video test, language test and a panel interview ( which is the final interview).The language interview is really really difficult, just be aware that if you listed a second language , they do a rather thorough test!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 4:38 PM, Devinx1 said:

I did the online test in August. 

I heard from them in the beginning of this month. In a span of 2 weeks, i have done a video test, language test and a panel interview ( which is the final interview).The language interview is really really difficult, just be aware that if you listed a second language , they do a rather thorough test!

 

Oh good for you!! Are you competing for the communication officer position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard there have started posting, mostly the internal candidates. Especially those that applied for the nutrition related position, I hear they had a shortfall of nutritionists 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Markee said:

Oh good for you!! Are you competing for the communication officer position?

It was a finance post.I'm hoping for the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All!

 

@Devinx1: that was super fast! Are you applying for P2/P3 or P4? 

 

I am also on the process. So far, I have made it to the motivational interview. I have not been contacted since then, and I think the pannel interviews might be over in January. 

Best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Please help me to know where I can find out if I am selected for FIT pool.  I have done the FIT pool test as you all did, but so far no positive note and no negative note.  I am not even sure if I am selected to be in the pool.  I am trying to find the details by going through my profile but no luck. Please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello friends. Last month, I appeared for the final interview. this whole selection process was intense and every stage needed proper preparation so dont take this process a formality. The real challenge was written test and the panel interview. So be ready for the process.

For me, the process started in July with the first written test and in Dec, the panel interview was done. currently it is the reference check stage. I dont know how much time it will take at this stage but i am expecting roughly 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I was informed last month that I was selected for the Fit Pool but not sure how long it will take before I am selected for an appointment. Has anyone received an offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 9:54 AM, VIctor2018 said:

Congrats brbrmtv that you have cleared this difficult step. I am still in the process of reference.  I think this appointment process will be quick. what is ur specialty, finance?

Human Resources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.