mriley26

Canada MSW 2019

Hi there,

I have been stressing about applying to MSW programs for a while now, so I thought I would make a forum so we can stress together! Feel free to ask questions. Hopefully we can help each other out and make this process a lot easier. 

Good luck to everyone applying for 2019! 

1 hour ago, mriley26 said:

Hi there,

I have been stressing about applying to MSW programs for a while now, so I thought I would make a forum so we can stress together! Feel free to ask questions. Hopefully we can help each other out and make this process a lot easier. 

Good luck to everyone applying for 2019! 

Thanks for starting this thread! It has been on my mind too!

1 hour ago, eleo said:

Thanks for starting this! Where is everyone planning to apply?

My top school is King's. I am also considering applying to Laurier and Windsor. Where will you be applying?

Thank you for starting this thread! I've begun my applications and am finding the whole experience stressful already. My current choices are Lakehead, Laurier, and Windsor, and I'll probably try for York U as well. Lakehead is my first choice but writing a "study plan" for the application has proved to be challenging thus far. Good luck everyone! :)

Hello!

I've been accepted into the 2 year MSW program at U of T and Laurier respectively for the September 2018 start. The Laurier program is mostly online with in person practica, while the U of T MSW is a brick and mortar program.

Does anyone have any insight into how these programs compare to one another? Or advice on which to pursue?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, iheartmagic said:

Hello!

I've been accepted into the 2 year MSW program at U of T and Laurier respectively for the September 2018 start. The Laurier program is mostly online with in person practica, while the U of T MSW is a brick and mortar program.

Does anyone have any insight into how these programs compare to one another? Or advice on which to pursue?

Thanks in advance!

Idk if you've already checked it out, but a lot of people from Laurier's online May cohort are in the thread I attached to this post. They'd have the best insight to what the Laurier program is like

Thank you for starting this group!   We can have stress together! lol!  I've applied for Laurier's online, part-time MSW for non-social work students...Jan 2019 start date.  It's the only university I've applied to, and if I don't get accepted this year, my plan is to apply to Athabasca's Masters of Counselling Psychology.  I have to do an online program; I'm 37, 2 kids, job.  No way I can go to an actual school.  Good luck to everyone! :)