Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

2 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Who got the acceptance to UT Austin?!!!?! I also fear I'm gonna get a UCSD rejection email today lol

I thought UCSD would send first offers by mid-Feb. I should delete my Mail app lololololol

27 minutes ago, cfeg24 said:

I thought UCSD would send first offers by mid-Feb. I should delete my Mail app lololololol

It looks like they send rejections pretty early, which is kind of nice, I guess. Closure ?

21 hours ago, skyw said:

Does anyone know the status of MEMP program from MIT?  I know they should send out invites before Jan 25th just wondering if anyone got any invites? 

I know this is a long shot and really losing hope.

I'd wait until the end of next week to worry. A lot of the faculty are just now returning from the winter holidays, so the admissions committee probably hasn't had time to make final decisions. 

Hi all,

Quick q: does anyone have a guess as to when Boston U's BME program will be sending decisions? I have to start booking flights for a couple of interviews (am international, costs are a big deal) -- am not sure I'll get an interview at BU, but in the case I do, I'd like to avoid flying across the US twice! Thanks in advance, and best of luck to you all. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, empress_empiria said:

Does anyone know what post-interview acceptance rates look like for UCB-UCSF?

On 1/13/2019 at 2:56 AM, Victorious Secret said:

Yes I also would like to know their rates, or for Stanford.

Last year they had about 50 slots for admission. So now it will depends on how many applicants they interview

@dontor Can confirm, I'm a current Ph.D. student applying to fellowships (and hoping to assuage some of your fears) who applied last year. I got my rejection from Stanford on Feb 7 last year if that helps?

Edited by laveritecestla

1 minute ago, laveritecestla said:

@dontor Can confirm, I'm a current Ph.D. student applying to fellowships (and hoping to assuage some of your fears) who applied last year. I got my rejection from Stanford on Feb 7 last year if that helps?

do you have any insight into what type of applicant stanford bioe takes?