Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while now as I am also applying to masters programs in clinical psychology but never had a question until now. I applied to Brock University in their "Social/Personality" (which I know isn't technically clinical but it's there version of clinical) but I have yet to hear anything at all. My portal still says "Under review" even though application deadlines were due December 15. Has anyone applied to Brock also, or know anyone that has applied? I tried emailing the program coordinator and she told me that decisions should be made within a month of March 2... Is it a bad idea to email them again asking for a status update?

Thank you so much for any help!! I'm starting to panic now lol

I am looking for some insight on what I should do the next year to strengthen my application for the clinical program. I was not accepted this year and wait listed at some schools. For those of you who took a gap year, do you mind DMing me some suggestions and what you found worked? Thanks in advance! 

35 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

Has anyone heard back about OGS? Not sure if the notification dates will be the same for each school, but figured I would ask!

For OGS, I heard back from UOttawa in December and Guelph last week (both waitlisted). Waterloo & UWO be reporting soon, York releases results in May, and UofT/OISE releases results in July. 

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to post.

So, I applied to two schools - UOttawa and Concordia. Inititally waitlisted at UOttawa then rejected. Also rejected from Concordia. 

But, here's the crazy part: I received a letter from SSHRC last week notifying me that I have received a 4 year doctoral fellowship. I contacted UOttawa to see if they will reconsider my application in light of this news, but of course they said no. I haven't heard from Concordia yet (but expecting the same response). So, I have tricouncil funding (which I didn't imagine in my wildest dreams) and no place to use it! 

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I am looking to pay someone $100/hr to share advice and answer questions that come up as I apply for Clinical Psychology Masters programs for Fall 2020. I graduated from University of Toronto with a Bachelors in Psychology with high honors and have done clinical work at CAMH. If you were successful in applying last year, I'd love to talk!

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, NorthernBlondie said:

Officially accepted my offer to Uvic!! Such a weight off my shoulders and am so excited for what is to come next! Just wanted to thank everyone so much for their support and help throughout this process! I wish everyone all the best :)

Hi, I see you were accepted last year but I'm wondering when you received your offer. I've had 3 interviews and have my fingers crossed