Boston College MSW

Capturedvitality

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else who got accepted got the really early February 18 deadline? Is anyone going to ask for an extension? BC has been the most generous package so far but the deadline is suspiciously early...

On 2/11/2019 at 3:24 PM, mswlbg said:

Anyone else who got accepted got the really early February 18 deadline? Is anyone going to ask for an extension? BC has been the most generous package so far but the deadline is suspiciously early...

Yes it's sooooo early. I am going to email/call and ask for an extension because I am still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools. I think I read somewhere that BC may only give a 2 week extension? Which seems pretty unreasonable. I am thinking I will pay the deposit after the extension even if I don't hear back from the other schools because the package I received will be hard to beat! What are you thinking/feeling?

Just got an email back from admissions. One of my recommenders finally submitted her letter after reminding several times since completing the app 1/5. 

They said they are getting notifications out by 1 March and I’ll be able to get one as well. ?

On 2/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, jo0210 said:

Yes it's sooooo early. I am going to email/call and ask for an extension because I am still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools. I think I read somewhere that BC may only give a 2 week extension? Which seems pretty unreasonable. I am thinking I will pay the deposit after the extension even if I don't hear back from the other schools because the package I received will be hard to beat! What are you thinking/feeling?

Did they get back to you

44 minutes ago, pipercriley said:

I would really like to know if the March 12th deadline could be extended at all. I would like to visit and it's difficult within that amount of time. Also any reasons why people love bc in particulalar

I emailed earlier in February and asked for an extension to March 31st; they gave me until March 8th and told me to get in contact with them if I'm still unable to give them an answer by the 8th. This for me was about approx. a 2 week extension!

1 hour ago, lmf126 said:

Hey congrats to everyone who got in! I'm still waiting to hear back from BC. I applied for the priority deadline, does anyone know when we're supposed to hear back?

I was told by 12 March.

26 minutes ago, lsg0629 said:

Does anyone know how to do the Agora trick to check on admissions? Can’t seem to figure it out.

Go to the applicant status page. Log in, and on the bottom right you’ll see a link for Agora. Click on this, and change your password for the email address you used to apply. It’s been awhile since I did this, but I think this is more or less what I did!

1 hour ago, jo0210 said:

Go to the applicant status page. Log in, and on the bottom right you’ll see a link for Agora. Click on this, and change your password for the email address you used to apply. It’s been awhile since I did this, but I think this is more or less what I did!

I was able to login into Agora but I can't see anything on admissions. Only account and personal info, common services, and other services. 

5 hours ago, Jess21 said:

I was able to login into Agora but I can't see anything on admissions. Only account and personal info, common services, and other services. 

Mine has an option for “Grad Enrollment Deposit” under Account and Personal Info. I clicked on that and it said I was accepted, and asked for the $200 enrollment deposit.