UMich MSW Program Fall 2019 Admissions

ML878

For those who are waiting on the integrated health scholarship decision: I received an email about an hour ago letting me know I was rejected. Hopefully others have better news!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, ML878 said:

For those who are waiting on the integrated health scholarship decision: I received an email about an hour ago letting me know I was rejected. Hopefully others have better news!

I got the same email yesterday. I’m still really interested in the IH curriculum, however. That $$ would have been nice!

10 minutes ago, hilaryp said:

I got the same email yesterday. I’m still really interested in the IH curriculum, however. That $$ would have been nice!

Aw, sorry to hear. The applicant pool must’ve been very competitive! I know you said you’re definitely going either way—have you already submitted your deposit? And are you local to the area or will you be moving?

And if you know of any admitted students social media group, please do share! I’ve been trying to find but couldn’t find any.

Has anyone heard anything about the Child Welfare Scholarship? I applied back in December but haven't heard anything. Would really need the $$ to make UMich more of an option lol

21 hours ago, zmr1234 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Child Welfare Scholarship? I applied back in December but haven't heard anything. Would really need the $$ to make UMich more of an option lol

I called the office and they said they’re fairly swamped and couldn’t give a timeline so I would sit tight 

Just checked my financial aid and was notified of work study and federal loans. I accepted my admissions offer yesterday after visiting campus. I"m still hoping that HRSA works out, but if not thats okay too, I was going to have loans to pay either way. If anyone hears back let me know!

On 3/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, rach19 said:

Just checked my financial aid and was notified of work study and federal loans. I accepted my admissions offer yesterday after visiting campus. I"m still hoping that HRSA works out, but if not thats okay too, I was going to have loans to pay either way. If anyone hears back let me know!

I was super anxious about waiting to hear back from HRSA and I looked over my essay only to realize I have an incomplete sentence in the middle of it. I am mortified, should I contact the student services office and explain this or just let it be??  I have no words 

On 3/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, rach19 said:

I was super anxious about waiting to hear back from HRSA and I looked over my essay only to realize I have an incomplete sentence in the middle of it. I am mortified, should I contact the student services office and explain this or just let it be??  I have no words 

Don't call attention to it. I wouldn't do anything 

I applied last minute (I am talking extremely last minute, like the day before it was due) for the HRSA special program scholarship... kind of thinking that I don't really have a chance because they probably already accepted everyone they want to give the scholarship to. I haven't heard back yet, but not getting my hopes up. Anyone else apply last minute to special programs?

35 minutes ago, MSW2019!! said:

I just received admissions to UMICH!!

Does anyone know what scholarships typically look like for low income students? Or just any info in terms of average amount of scholarships received? 

Congrats, were you on the waitlist prior or just outright admitted?

On 3/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, zmr1234 said:

What are your undergrad stats?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey anyone, if UMich is your top choice for your MSW, would you mind sharing why? I just got my admissions notification and am trying to decide between it and several other schools. I'd especially love to hear from anyone in the clinical track. 

Also, anyone have thoughts on the MicroMasters track? (in which if you have several years of experience in the field already, you take some of the foundations courses in an online condensed form, and complete the MSW in 16 months). 

Thanks and good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 9:14 AM, Tomlinson87 said:

I just set up a phone appointment for Monday to discuss my waitlist status ?

how did this go? good luck by the way, I know how you feel- I am also on the waitlist ?