Hi everyone! I just got an email inviting me to interview at Northeastern University, which I am super excited about but I am a little confused because I did not realize they interview! I couldn't find any information on the website about an interview, and I chatted with professors/students at their ASHA table and an interview was never mentioned. Does anyone know any information regarding the interview/am I missing something?

5 hours ago, maimas4466 said:

Hi everyone! I just got an email inviting me to interview at Northeastern University, which I am super excited about but I am a little confused because I did not realize they interview! I couldn't find any information on the website about an interview, and I chatted with professors/students at their ASHA table and an interview was never mentioned. Does anyone know any information regarding the interview/am I missing something?

It must be new to this year! I haven’t seen any results posts about Northeastern interviews before... Keep us posted! When is the interview? 

15 minutes ago, sarah189 said:

Hey I got an email too. There's no mention of an interview on their website or the ASHA one so kinda confused. I was wondering if it was some sorta mistake.

Yeah I was super confused too.. especially since last year people found out feb 16th and the interview weekend is past that. Also they told me they'd send out a decision 6-8 weeks after receiving my application which is before my interview date as well. Glad to hear someone else got the email though, congrats!

1 hour ago, maimas4466 said:

Yeah I was super confused too.. especially since last year people found out feb 16th and the interview weekend is past that. Also they told me they'd send out a decision 6-8 weeks after receiving my application which is before my interview date as well. Glad to hear someone else got the email though, congrats!

Have you contacted anyone at Northeastern about this? Do you think we should ask about the change in the application process?

8 hours ago, sarah189 said:

Have you contacted anyone at Northeastern about this? Do you think we should ask about the change in the application process?

I haven't asked anything regarding a change in the application process but if you do let me know what they say!

9 minutes ago, OregonSLP said:

I was also offered an interview! What a surprise. 

Are you all going to Boston or doing a video interview? Trying to weigh the costs because I'm located in Oregon. Not sure if opting for Skype will hurt my chances or not. 

CONGRATS ALL!

I am going because I am from the Boston area. I would not think it would hurt your chances as you are located so far away. 

42 minutes ago, OregonSLP said:

I was also offered an interview! What a surprise. 

Are you all going to Boston or doing a video interview? Trying to weigh the costs because I'm located in Oregon. Not sure if opting for Skype will hurt my chances or not. 

CONGRATS ALL!

Congrats! I'm going to Boston because I am also applying to MGH and was most likely going to visit anyways, but I don't think a skype would hurt your chances! 

26 minutes ago, SLP2B? said:

I was also offered an interview on 2/23! I am very excited! How is everyone preparing?

I'm also interviewing on 2/23! I have no idea how to prepare, especially since there's no precedent for this! I think I'm going to read up on the current research of a lab I'm interested in, since I've made my interest in the lab clear both in interactions with the professor and in my personal statement.

What are the northeastern interviews via email? Is it bad if I have applied to the graduate program for speech and haven't heard anything about an interview?

I just got an interview offer today... Does that mean I'm lower on the priority list? Kind of annoying to receive it so late since I already sent my interview preferences to BU and Emerson...

On 2/12/2019 at 3:42 PM, raspie said:

I just got an interview offer today... Does that mean I'm lower on the priority list? Kind of annoying to receive it so late since I already sent my interview preferences to BU and Emerson...

Some admissions committees might be doing application reviews in chunks... I know at BU, they do it all at once and let everyone know at the same time. I don't think Northeastern letting you know later is a reflection on you as an applicant!