I HATE waiting!!!! Speech-Language Pathology

@oxbow ... I remember I opened up the mailbox and it was a huge package when I was accepted for undergrad. These emails take all the fun out of it! Truth be told, I get a little nauseated every time I open my email now. By the time this is over I'm going to be quite conditioned. 

To those wondering about CBU, I talked to them last week and they told me that they have not yet sent out any invitations for interviews and do not yet know when they will be sending them out. As for Chapman, I applied there and they invited me for an interview last week that is scheduled for this Friday. Hope this information helps!

2 hours ago, jmg543 said:

To those wondering about CBU, I talked to them last week and they told me that they have not yet sent out any invitations for interviews and do not yet know when they will be sending them out. As for Chapman, I applied there and they invited me for an interview last week that is scheduled for this Friday. Hope this information helps!

Thanks for passing on the info about CBU! I wonder what's holding them up.

When did you submit your application to Chapman?

Edited by Rezzy S.

22 hours ago, jmg543 said:

Looks like CBU is starting to send out invites. ?

Don't get me wrong, I am freaking out about not having heard from almost all of my schools, and I am obsessively checking emails/application status websites. But real quick, can we just talk about the insane price to apply to higher education. Its ridiculous that we have to pay so many duplicate fees when the information through CSDCAS is supposed to streamline the process, not just serve as an advertisement for what schools are available. I find the fees exorbitant, especially in a field where we have always been told to cast a wide net and apply to a large number of schools.

Quick run-down to make everyones wallets hurt:

• Each CSDCAS application- $51 through
  • Individual Schools personal graduate portal- ~$30-$75
  • Send individual GRE scores- $27***
  • Official Transcripts- $5-$30***

Thats an Avg. of ~$148 per school, not including the one time fee of $100 from CSDCAS

*** We have to to send individual GRE to practically every program, even though we already paid CSDCAS who apparently can't give out our transcripts  to schools (which means we all basically wasted $27). And then to top it off, we have to pay more for Official Transcripts per a handful of schools.

BONUS: We have to fill out multiple applications where some schools ask for additional copies of letters of recommendation, state licenses, online interviews, video essays etc. all outside of CSDCAS. 

I just don't understand the purpose of CSDCAS if it can't give the schools we apply to the main pillars of their assessments of students or if we are just re0entering everything anyway so the school can make profit.  I get that it helps smaller schools get their program out there, but it can't even format my Resume, or embed video submissions. Okay, rant over. Please tell me I'm not alone hating CSDCAS. 

Edited by SingingSLP

5 hours ago, SingingSLP said:

Don't get me wrong, I am freaking out about not having heard from almost all of my schools, and I am obsessively checking emails/application status websites. But real quick, can we just talk about the insane price to apply to higher education. Its ridiculous that we have to pay so many duplicate fees when the information through CSDCAS is supposed to streamline the process, not just serve as an advertisement for what schools are available. I find the fees exorbitant, especially in a field where we have always been told to cast a wide net and apply to a large number of schools.

Thats an Avg. of ~$148 per school, not including the one time fee of $100 from CSDCAS

*** We have to to send individual GRE to practically every program, even though we already paid CSDCAS who apparently can't give out our transcripts  to schools (which means we all basically wasted $27). And then to top it off, we have to pay more for Official Transcripts per a handful of schools.

BONUS: We have to fill out multiple applications where some schools ask for additional copies of letters of recommendation, state licenses, online interviews, video essays etc. all outside of CSDCAS. 

I just don't understand the purpose of CSDCAS if it can't give the schools we apply to the main pillars of their assessments of students or if we are just re0entering everything anyway so the school can make profit.  I get that it helps smaller schools get their program out there, but it can't even format my Resume, or embed video submissions. Okay, rant over. Please tell me I'm not alone hating CSDCAS. 

You are definitely not alone! Trying to figure out their weird rules and entering my courses was by far the worst part of applying--even worse than having to repeatedly nag my 3rd LOR writer!

Are there some schools that send out decisions exclusively by postal mail? I've started seeing a handful of results from one of the schools that I applied to and they're getting acceptances in the mail... no update to portal yet. ?

6 hours ago, SingingSLP said:

Totally agree. I can't even wrap my head around how much grad apps cost me. I will say though, I got lucky and 4 of the 6 CSDCAS schools I applied to required nothing in addition to the CSDCAS app.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to 8 schools and am still waiting to hear back from one (Eastern Washington). So far I have been accepted by 5 and rejected by 2. I did an interview with EWU, and I liked what they had to say & they are in my home state.  I'm confused as to why it is taking them longer than other schools, but I am reluctant to contact them. Are a lot of you still waiting to hear decisions? It seems like most programs (like the 7 I've heard from) have agreed to a April 15 student decision date, so timing does matter. 

1 hour ago, Suelli5 said:

I applied to 8 schools and am still waiting to hear back from one (Eastern Washington). So far I have been accepted by 5 and rejected by 2. I did an interview with EWU, and I liked what they had to say & they are in my home state.  I'm confused as to why it is taking them longer than other schools, but I am reluctant to contact them. Are a lot of you still waiting to hear decisions? It seems like most programs (like the 7 I've heard from) have agreed to a April 15 student decision date, so timing does matter. 

I've only received decisions from 3 out of 9 ? 

Edited by Rezzy S.