I HATE waiting!!!! Speech-Language Pathology

I have applied to 5 graduate programs tagged above (almost 6, I havent finished Emerson online). 3 out of the 5 programs require interviews around this time of year. I am getting very anxious about not receiving invitations for the interviews. I've heard Chapman started emailing individuals, and I havent recieved anything from them. I'm waiting for CSUSM and CBU. I really hope I hear from them soon. I wanted to come here in hope of other people informing me if they have heard anything about these programs. If possible, let me and everyone reading this know if you know anything about interviews, acceptances, or rejections from these or other programs. Thanks!

Edited by Emehteg1

Hey there! Waiting is the worst, sometimes I have to turn my phone on airplane mode so I don't constantly check my email. Try to distract yourself in the mean time, give yourself some me time! The news will come, no matter what it is. I applied to a few of the same programs as you, so I am in the same boat! I think good news is coming, it only takes one! 

Edited by slptobe!

I really relate to this, I even made a whole post about it a few days ago :) I've had to limit myself to checking my phone only every hour during the work day!! I'm also waiting on Chapman and saw that someone got an interview and couldve puked haha. It's horrible 

5 hours ago, Emehteg1 said:

I'm waiting for CSUSM and CBU. I really hope I hear from them soon. I wanted to come here in hope of other people informing me if they have heard anything about these programs. If possible, let me and everyone reading this know if you know anything about interviews, acceptances, or rejections from these or other programs. Thanks!

Also waiting to hear about interviews for CBU and Chapman. Chapman's invites seemed to go out over a couple weeks last year, so hoping to still hear even though some have gone our already. Last year CBU notified about interviews on 2/16, but aside from that falling on a weekend this year, it could be later because this is their first year on CSDCAS and they were expecting more applications because of that. So hold tight - I feel your pain!

9 hours ago, Emehteg1 said:

I have applied to 5 graduate programs tagged above (almost 6, I havent finished Emerson online). 3 out of the 5 programs require interviews around this time of year. I am getting very anxious about not receiving invitations for the interviews. I've heard Chapman started emailing individuals, and I havent recieved anything from them. I'm waiting for CSUSM and CBU. I really hope I hear from them soon. I wanted to come here in hope of other people informing me if they have heard anything about these programs. If possible, let me and everyone reading this know if you know anything about interviews, acceptances, or rejections from these or other programs. Thanks!

Waiting does suck! I haven't heard from other programs I applied to expect the rejection from ASU.

8 hours ago, libbyyehca said:

Waiting does suck! I haven't heard from other programs I applied to expect the rejection from ASU.

I applied to ASU as well. Haven't heard anything either. Kind of super annoyed by that, but I'm assuming I'm getting waitlisted and not rejected. Although I've compared my stats to others and some of my stats are very close to people who got accepted so I'm trying to hold some hope out. Why are you assuming you are going to get rejected?

20 minutes ago, lasmith said:

I applied to ASU as well. Haven't heard anything either. Kind of super annoyed by that, but I'm assuming I'm getting waitlisted and not rejected. Although I've compared my stats to others and some of my stats are very close to people who got accepted so I'm trying to hold some hope out. Why are you assuming you are going to get rejected?

Oops, I meant to say except! I only received a rejection from ASU ?

16 hours ago, nwslp said:

I really relate to this, I even made a whole post about it a few days ago :) I've had to limit myself to checking my phone only every hour during the work day!! I'm also waiting on Chapman and saw that someone got an interview and couldve puked haha. It's horrible 

I need to block all these websites from my work computer during the day haha it's awful how many times I end up refreshing the results pages, etc. Usually people are VERY quick to put their decisions up there, but I still get paranoid!!

Ahh I can't do anything but think about it! It is so taxing... haha. Waiting is definitely THE WORST. I only applied to the University of South Carolina, so I am super nervous! Decisions started coming out March 1st last year. Anyone else applying here? Best of luck to everyone! 

GPA: 3.81 Major GPA: 3.92 V:157 Q:151 AW: 4.5

5 hours ago, allieaha said:

Ahh I can't do anything but think about it! It is so taxing... haha. Waiting is definitely THE WORST. I only applied to the University of South Carolina, so I am super nervous! Decisions started coming out March 1st last year. Anyone else applying here? Best of luck to everyone! 

Hi, I applied to UofSC as well. In fact, I am waiting for their decision before I decide what school I am going to. ( my stats are not even close to yours!)

11 minutes ago, Toya said:

Hi, I applied to UofSC as well. In fact, I am waiting for their decision before I decide what school I am going to. ( my stats are not even close to yours!)

Best of luck to you! So awesome you have already been accepted to two places (: Congrats!

To those of you who applied to Chapman, did you get any email or indication to create an account with them to check your application status? I did for every other school I applied to, but I can't find one for Chapman which makes me worry that my application wasn't actually submitted to them.

Edited by rosejoy

7 hours ago, rosejoy said:

To those of you who applied to Chapman, did you get any email or indication to create an account with them to check your application status? I did for every other school I applied to, but I can't find one for Chapman which makes me worry that my application wasn't actually submitted to them.

With Chapman, you don't create an account as an applicant (I applied to a few schools like that). However, I did receive an email on Jan. 17 from them saying they received over 500 applications and were processing them in the order they were received. It also says, "The admissions committee will be reviewing applications from now until mid/late March. We will begin interviews sometime in February while we continue to work through reviewing applications." 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:28 AM, Rezzy S. said:

With Chapman, you don't create an account as an applicant (I applied to a few schools like that). However, I did receive an email on Jan. 17 from them saying they received over 500 applications and were processing them in the order they were received. It also says, "The admissions committee will be reviewing applications from now until mid/late March. We will begin interviews sometime in February while we continue to work through reviewing applications." 

Oo, I did get that email too. Thanks that makes me feel better haha.

I’m constently checking my email! The wait is awful.

I’m curious how the acceptance letters via mail come. Remember when we applied to college and acceptance letters would come in big envelopes and denial letters would come in regular envelopes? Do you think it’s the same for grad school? 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:45 PM, allieaha said:

I also applied to the University of South Carolina!! I'm extremely nervous because I loved the program and would die to work in one of their labs. Good luck to you!!

GPA: 3.67 Last 60 GPA: 4.0 V: 155 Q: 147 AW: 3.5 

1 hour ago, Oxbow said:

I’m curious how the acceptance letters via mail come. Remember when we applied to college and acceptance letters would come in big envelopes and denial letters would come in regular envelopes? Do you think it’s the same for grad school? 

I got an acceptance and it came in a regular envelope! another acceptance was just an email. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow said:

Omg the big v. small envelopes for college acceptances ahhh! Those were so stressful to wait for. I feel like I’d rather get letters in the mail than refreshing my email and app portals. 

55 minutes ago, peachyspeechie8 said:

I also applied to the University of South Carolina!! I'm extremely nervous because I loved the program and would die to work in one of their labs. Good luck to you!!

GPA: 3.67 Last 60 GPA: 4.0 V: 155 Q: 147 AW: 3.5 

Your stats are great! I applied to UofSC as well. Good luck.

56 minutes ago, BioCook said:

Omg the big v. small envelopes for college acceptances ahhh! Those were so stressful to wait for. I feel like I’d rather get letters in the mail than refreshing my email and app portals. 

Couldn't agree more!