How did you pick

I was just accepted to the school I was set on the whole application process after being waitlisted, but i've had in my head now that I'm going to Concordia University - Wisconsin in the fall. One is cheaper by about 10K for the whole program. Concordia I would also be their first class, but I love the faculty research interest. I dont know what to do :( 

Honestly for me it came down to funding. I couldn’t rationalize going into a ridiculous amount of debt when I was offered a great financial package at another great school! I knew I wouldn’t regret going to the less expensive school, but I would regret turning down my full tuition waiver at a program that I also really liked. I’m trying to set myself up for the future (e.g. marriage, emergencies, etc) so the decision became pretty easy then ?

It was sooo hard for me to decide! I had a mix of really expensive, cheap, and in the middle schools. I ended up picking a school in the middle even though the really expensive one was my dream school. I couldn't bring myself to pay so much when your salary is basically the same no matter where you go to school! I picked the middle priced school over the cheaper priced ones because I also factored in being in a location that would make me happy :) 

I chose a program that offered in-state tuition, as it had what I was looking for in regard to life balance and areas of focus.  I was accepted into several programs, one with an area of interest for me and a fellowship offer, but I still couldn't justify the high cost. I want to be financially free sooner rather than later(I'd like to start a family without debt hanging over my head) and the program I chose allows me to avoid student loans!  

I didn't get any scholarships lol so I had to make a decision based on what school would give the best bang for the buck. A lot of people told me that I should choose the cheapest option... but, I also wanted to consider the cost of living in the area, clinical opportunities, and curricula. I'm going to a school in a city that I already live in, so I don't have to worry about the financial costs and stress of moving to a new place. Also, IHP offers a very medically-focused curricula that I was very interested in. Of course, the focuses of a program don't really matter because at the end of the day, the schools have to meet all ASHA standards, but I really wanted to make sure that I enjoyed my time in school, too.

It came down to cost and location for me. I narrowed it down to two programs I loved and one was twice as expensive and in a different state. If the local program wasn't great, it would have been a harder decision. 

For me it came down to an in-person versus online program. Online would have been great because I wouldn't have had to move and could have kept working the first year, but I felt that as an out-of-fielder I needed the support of an on-campus clinic to ease me into therapy. If I'd had more relevant experience my choice may have been different, but I'm really glad I made the right choice!

I was between two programs and I made a huge pro/ cons list. The biggest factors and really what it came down to for me was the summer start versus fall start and the candidate versus accredited school. I also thought it was a sign that a woman who was a part of the interview team for the candidate school was a graduate of the accredited school. The two schools were five hours away from each other in different states! I just happened upon an article that included her from the accredited school’s Facebook page. 

Congrats on getting off the waitlist! I really don’t think you could go wrong with either decision!