MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

Hi everyone, I also got accepted into UBC MPH this morning! They emailed me my acceptance. 

Definitely did not expect to get accepted as I know it’s a pretty popular school, was banking on getting into UofA and SFU (which I’m still waiting to hear from). But UBC was one of my top 2.

So elated!! Anybody else have UBC as their top choice? :) 

2 minutes ago, Sekai said:

Hi everyone, I also got accepted into UBC MPH this morning! They emailed me my acceptance. 

Definitely did not expect to get accepted as I know it’s a pretty popular school, was banking on getting into UofA and SFU (which I’m still waiting to hear from). But UBC was one of my top 2.

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from all 3 ?

29 minutes ago, xttr said:

Anyone else hear back from UBC or SFU yet?

I received my acceptance from UBC yesterday! I am still waiting to hear from SFU. My top two choices are UAlberta (already accepted) and SFU. However, I am still considering UBC at this point. 

I am hoping we hear from SFU soon! Does anyone know when/how they notify applicants of their decision?

On 2/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, SheeBella said:

Thank you so much for your willingness to help. 

Approximately how many students get admitted to MPH? Also, would you know the approximate figures for all the concentrations? 

Kind regards. 

for my cohort, around 40 people. health promotion is about 20, health policy around 10. epid like 5-10, biostats 3. you got the ideal.

13 minutes ago, bmph23 said:

Hey guys, where did you see that UofA has a rolling acceptance on the website? I can't seem to find that... usually if programs have a hard deadline, it doesn't go by a rolling acceptance

I know a few people have said that they do rolling acceptance based on when you submitted your application but I don't think that is correct. I submitted my application in December and I got accepted, and I have seen few posts similar to my experience. 

I think they do rolling acceptance in the sense that they send out offers to their first choices and then based on the number of offer acceptances, they send out another batch of offers. They probably rank the applications for each stream, and then send out the offers based on this. Also, I am sure that they are still reviewing applications for certain streams, such as health promotion, which is why some of you may have not heard from them yet. 

These are just my thoughts! 

Also for people who applied U of A, they really heavily look at your GPA. which is not a good way to do so, I know some people. they don't have a very high gpa but really did amazing, got gpa close to 4 in master's courses. Anyways, the good news is that they seems to change a little bit this year. 

Edited by Mph201999

Hey everyone,

I got an acceptance for the U of A's HP and management stream today!

My GPA was a 3.78/4, I only had one real public health reference but it was really strong as I'd worked at that company for the last 4 summers. I'm a student athlete at the university currently and I was able to use my coach as the other work reference. I'm in a BSc honors degree in psychology so I have experience performing original research and working in a lab. 

2 hours ago, SheeBella said:

Please don't get stressed. I think they are still reviewing other applications and specializations. 

To everyone who has been accepted - Congratulations and all the very best! 

To everyone who is still waiting - Good luck! Don't lose hope. There's still time. 

Thank you so much for your motivating words.

It’s just that this waiting period makes one go insane.

1 hour ago, Pawtato said:

Its a rolling process. So if you applied late then you hear back later. Also you could be on a potential waitlist list too.

Well, I just hope and pray that I get accepted for fall 2020 session. Let’s see!

1 hour ago, Sekai said:

Congrats! I also received my UBC MPH acceptance this morning! Still waiting to hear from the MSc PPH at UBC. 

1 hour ago, Sekai said:

Many, many congratulations!

Which concentration did you apply for? Would be really grateful if you could share your profile deets. Pretty please!?

Also, have you heard anything from UoA yet?

Edited by zainnnny

36 minutes ago, ruralbcgal said:

I received my acceptance from UBC yesterday! I am still waiting to hear from SFU. My top two choices are UAlberta (already accepted) and SFU. However, I am still considering UBC at this point. 

I am hoping we hear from SFU soon! Does anyone know when/how they notify applicants of their decision?

Hey! Many congratulations!

Which concentration did you apply for?

11 minutes ago, dn98 said:

Hey everyone,

I got an acceptance for the U of A's HP and management stream today!

My GPA was a 3.78/4, I only had one real public health reference but it was really strong as I'd worked at that company for the last 4 summers. I'm a student athlete at the university currently and I was able to use my coach as the other work reference. I'm in a BSc honors degree in psychology so I have experience performing original research and working in a lab. 

Wow!

Congratulations! When did you get the mail?

I don’t see anyone here who applied for or got an acceptance for MPH epi from UoA. How could that be?

I am pretty sure someone might have applied for Epidemiology!

Edited by zainnnny

41 minutes ago, Mph201999 said:

for my cohort, around 40 people. health promotion is about 20, health policy around 10. epid like 5-10, biostats 3. you got the ideal.

Hi,

Do you know anyone who has gotten acceptance for MPH Epi at UoA?

Edited by zainnnny

Got accepted to UBC MPH this morning as well!! For those still waiting - it's not over until it's over! UBC was my first choice so I withdrew my UoA Epidemiology application.  good luck to those still waiting! you can do it!

1 minute ago, ubcmph2020 said:

Got accepted to UBC MPH this morning as well!! For those still waiting - it's not over until it's over! UBC was my first choice so I withdrew my UoA Epidemiology application.  good luck to those still waiting! you can do it!

Congratulations! Mind sharing your profile?