MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

1 hour ago, NatalieReina said:

Just got my rejection from UBC :( Oh well! Congrats to everyone who was admitted; I know some people who are there now and who absolutely love the program! 

Oh man, so sorry to hear!

4 hours ago, ejmb said:

I haven't received anything yet! I think they have sent out a couple of offers looking at previous posts from applicants. When I emailed them they said we could hear anytime between this week and the end of April, so not sure if that means rejections/waitlists for those of us who haven't heard. 

Anyone who received an offer, what was the deadline to accept or decline? 

I received an acceptance from them on March 23rd via email. The deadline is 2 weeks from the date of the letter so it varies for everyone. 

Not sure if anyone is waiting to hear form Waterloo, but this their response: 

"Thank you for applying to the MPH program at the School of Public Health and Health Systems. You could hear a decision from the department on your application as early as next week or as late as the end of April. "

Edited by MDC15

Whoa! Could it be that the people who have received an offer for MPH Global Health concentration at UofA are not on this forum? 

I mean, it's April 4th and no one has mentioned whether they've been accepted/rejected. 

My status has been at prescreening since Feb 12th. This is absurd!! 

Edited by SheeBella

12 minutes ago, SheeBella said:

Whoa! Could it be that the people who have received an offer for MPH Global Health concentration at UofA are not on this forum? 

I mean, it's April 4th and no one has mentioned whether they've been accepted/rejected. 

I m also waiting for mph epi from u of a and my status is in under review

On 4/2/2020 at 10:12 AM, phlove33 said:

okay...i’m starting to get nervous. grad assistant at queens told me they would let us know if we’re waitlisted or rejected. i know they sent rejections out tuesday and i still haven’t heard anything. both my portals for queens and guelph are not updated....

anyone else in this position? ?

I'm still waiting for queens as well. Still says application submitted on my portal. ?

13 hours ago, SheeBella said:

Well that is a possibility but what are the chances for that really? I mean we have had at least one person here for each concentration with a decision except for Global Health. It is really unlikely. And even if so, it has been so long now that we are all stuck on pre-screening or under-review, which doesn't make sense if they have sent out acceptances/rejections to others.

Somebody here emailed and apparently they have shifted their notification time to 15th April. I hope at least this date is their deadline not their starting date to send out results.

Nothing else we can do but wait in the end though...

6 hours ago, wanderman said:

Well that is a possibility but what are the chances for that really? I mean we have had at least one person here for each concentration with a decision except for Global Health. It is really unlikely. And even if so, it has been so long now that we are all stuck on pre-screening or under-review, which doesn't make sense if they have sent out acceptances/rejections to others.

Somebody here emailed and apparently they have shifted their notification time to 15th April. I hope at least this date is their deadline not their starting date to send out results.

Nothing else we can do but wait in the end though...

Maybe someone should send them a mail asking if there have been admission rounds for MPH Global Health. Considering we have some positive feedback on other streams in this forum.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:53 AM, SheeBella said:

My status is the same! I applied for health policy. TBH I'm hoping that because its pre-screening it means that there isn't a guaranteed rejection/waitlist on the horizon even though UofA has been sending out answers 

21 minutes ago, MPHtwenty said:

Did you get accepted/ are you accepting the offer?

I got accepted! I’m still waiting for the official letter and to hear from other schools before making my decision

48 minutes ago, RMSK said:

I got accepted! I’m still waiting for the official letter and to hear from other schools before making my decision

Omg congrats! Let me know if you end up accepting to Brock, excited to have a confirmed classmate in the program :)

6 minutes ago, MPHtwenty said:

Omg congrats! Let me know if you end up accepting to Brock, excited to have a confirmed classmate in the program :)

Thank you! I’ll keep you updated! Have you received your official letter yet? I’m interested to know how long we have to accept 

43 minutes ago, RMSK said:

Thank you! I’ll keep you updated! Have you received your official letter yet? I’m interested to know how long we have to accept 

I haven't, I heard that we will likely be getting them this week and that we should find them on the portal. I'm not sure whether we will get it on our Brock emails or personal emails but once I hear something I'll let you know!

20 hours ago, MPHtwenty said:

I haven't, I heard that we will likely be getting them this week and that we should find them on the portal. I'm not sure whether we will get it on our Brock emails or personal emails but once I hear something I'll let you know!

Offer letters are available on the portal

Can someone please give me some insight about McGill's MScPH, UofT's MPH (Health Promo), McMaster MPH and Queen's MPH? I am having a very hard time making a decision. I am leaning towards McGill but I may be biased because I did my bachelor's there.