NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

I emailed the project manager a few days ago regarding time-frame (when the front page changed to the COVID-19 update), and here is what they responded with this morning:

"Thank you for reaching out about the anticipated award notification for the FY2020 NDSEG Fellowship. The decisions are currently underway, and are expected to be finalized no later than 13 April 2020. You can expect to see notification in your email no later than 15 April 2020 regarding your selection status for the Fellowship."

I hope this is useful, and helps people step away from this process for a few days as it sounds like we still have a few days to go. 

Also, my partner works in database systems and 1) thinks this thread is hilarious and 2) says the dates most likely mean very little in terms of being chosen. They could be wrong, but the outside perspective is amusing. 

Edited by vernigan

Just now, vernigan said:

You can expect to see notification in your email no later than 15 April 2020 regarding your selection status for the Fellowship

Thank you for emailing! Unfortunately the date they picked is supremely unhelpful for those of us who must pick a grad school by the 15th. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose decision depends on getting this fellowship.

Just now, Stitch626 said:

Thank you for emailing! Unfortunately the date they picked is supremely unhelpful for those of us who must pick a grad school by the 15th. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose decision depends on getting this fellowship.

Well, hopefully the NDSEG decisions come down before COB on the 15th for everyone facing that predicament. It might be worth emailing your admissions personnel to explain the situation and see if an extension is possible (hint: it probably is). Good luck!

3 minutes ago, vernigan said:

I emailed the project manager a few days ago regarding time-frame (when the front page changed to the COVID-19 update), and here is what they responded with this morning:

"Thank you for reaching out about the anticipated award notification for the FY2020 NDSEG Fellowship. The decisions are currently underway, and are expected to be finalized no later than 13 April 2020. You can expect to see notification in your email no later than 15 April 2020 regarding your selection status for the Fellowship."

I hope this is useful, and helps people step away from this process for a few days as it sounds like we still have a few days to go. 

Also, my partner works in database systems and 1) thinks this thread is hilarious and 2) says the dates most likely mean very little in terms of being chosen. They could be wrong, but the outside perspective is amusing. 

Interesting they say "the decisions are underway".........that's a whole can of worms.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually earlier; they have likely just been told that, no matter what, people need to know by the 15th so they are echoing that in emails...

That sounds like a really stressful space to be in! I hope they get it together by the 13th so you have time to make decisions. Good luck :)

On 4/6/2020 at 2:21 PM, mleo said:

Secretly this is just some bored employee at Sysplus changing dates to watch us all freak out!

The more and more these dates change randomly, the more it supports my theory.

25 minutes ago, Stitch626 said:

Who is making this contingent for you? Asking cuz this kind of stuff makes me mad.

Edited by 3st3rb

Just now, 3st3rb said:

Who is making this contingent for you? 

I'm between two programs: one in chemical engineering and one in chemistry. I won NSF-GRFP last week, but those funds can only be used towards the chemistry program. I need to know about NDSEG to figure out if the chemical engineering program is even an option.

Just now, 3st3rb said:

Who is making this contingent for you? Asking cuz this kind of stuff makes me mad.

It's probably more like "having this source of funding could allow me to attend a school that did not offer me funding", not that the school is making it contingent. 

How many times can I refresh this thread and my SysPlus Application page in one day before it's considered self--harm?

Asking for a friend

Edit: still 12/24

Edited by vpaglioni3

I'm between two programs: one in chemical engineering and one in chemistry. I won NSF-GRFP last week, but those funds can only be used towards the chemistry program. I need to know about NDSEG to figure out if the chemical engineering program is even an option.

Are you #DecemberGang ?

Just now, vpaglioni3 said:

How many times can I refresh this thread and my SysPlus Application page in one day before it's considered self--harm?

Asking for a friend

you could write a script in tampermonkey that refreshes the page automatically until one of the elements change. If it changes, then play loud sound

7 minutes ago, Stitch626 said:

Asking cuz from a different thread I saw you got into my UG school and if they were playing games I would have brought it up next visiting committee haha.