NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

4 hours ago, GradNt said:

literally my favorite thing

I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it! I was chuckling to myself while I made it.

But the good news is the wait is almost over. I'm looking forward to the cool spreadsheet we'll make after the announcement so we can piece together if all of this ever meant anything or if we were going crazy and grasping at straws. Either way, I'm #decembergang forever now.

58 minutes ago, cellbiogal said:

I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it! I was chuckling to myself while I made it.

But the good news is the wait is almost over. I'm looking forward to the cool spreadsheet we'll make after the announcement so we can piece together if all of this ever meant anything or if we were going crazy and grasping at straws. Either way, I'm #decembergang forever now.

A fun puzzle nonethess

1 minute ago, NDSEG_throwaway said:

Still Dec. 24. I'm ARO, Mech. Eng. Maybe the comment about it being specific to each discipline and ARO makes some sense.

~December Gang~

ONR, Mech. Eng. checking in - 12/24 still, as is my lab mate who is either ONR or ARO. So I buy specific dates for each discipline/lab. 

~December Gang~

11 minutes ago, vpaglioni3 said:

ONR, Mech. Eng. checking in - 12/24 still, as is my lab mate who is either ONR or ARO. So I buy specific dates for each discipline/lab. 

~December Gang~

I'm ONR / Mechanical as well. I had a 4/6 update, but not a 4/7 update like some of the other folks. I'm really not convinced that the dates mean anything, I don't feel good about my chances at all.

As a side note about the ONR BAA, did you notice their primary BAA just directed you to the ONR website for specific research areas? All the other BAAs had those items listed specifically in the BAA document, but the ONR one was different. Made me question how I was supposed to reference the specific section of the BAA in the application...

3 minutes ago, robertac93 said:

As a side note about the ONR BAA, did you notice their primary BAA just directed you to the ONR website for specific research areas? 

Yes and it was super confusing at first, and very annoying to deal with. I didn't even realize how aligned my research was with some of the ONR interests, until I reviewed their website and the BAA like 3 times. 

Yeah I ended up listing the title of the research area on the ONR website as the title of my BAA, rather than the title of the generic ONR BAA that didn't actually have any info in it, but that still has me worried that they might have disqualified me for a bogus reason like that for 'not following application instructions.' Oh well...

14 hours ago, cellbiogal said:

@BCHGang @cellbiogal lol #decembergang forever, but also I am kind of looking forward to our spreadsheet and Zoom call (?)

20 hours ago, ScienceGeek said:

If you think about it, if the dates are representative of disciplines within BAAs communicating information to sysplus, many may not be upfront or quick with relaying that information. So my bet is that the dates are not solely indicative of rounds of reviews. As all of us have said before, it's all speculation and we'll likely know this Friday. So let the countdown continue!

Why do we think it will come on Friday? I think I missed the comment about that.

Just now, Eman2 said:

Why do we think it will come on Friday? I think I missed the comment about that.

A few people (myself included) emailed SysPlus about the decisions. The response said that decisions will be finalized by April 13 (Monday) at  the latest, and notifications will be received by April 15 (Wednesday) at the latest. The thinking is that they will actually be done by the end of the week, because that's a convenient time to end any task I suppose. 

On 4/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, cri3times said:

FWIW I called sys-plus and the project manager said he was highly confident it would be this Friday, but at the latest before the 15th.

Cri3times talked to the PMO on Monday, and the PMO was highly confident that it would be this Friday. 

Which I hope is correct! I am ready to move on with my life.

~December Gang~

Edited by mleo

I emailed sysplus 2 weeks ago with a concern about whether we'd hear by April 15 or not, and never heard back :/. I also just noticed that my proposal is not formatted in the LastName_FirstName format. I hope that was not enough to knock me out of the running (Dec. 6 update still).

5 minutes ago, SomGuy13 said:

LastName_FirstName format

I think you should be fine. It would be silly to just have documents uploaded all to one place, for all of them to sort out later into a database. It makes more sense that the database is filled dynamically.