NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

I know we had several people e-mail/call SysPlus, didn't they said we'd be notified by the 15th at the latest, but they were aiming for Monday the 13th? How did this thread come to a consensus that today would actually be the day? I worry that we've all just gotten ourselves anxious for today for no reason :(

Just now, robertac93 said:

I know we had several people e-mail/call SysPlus, didn't they said we'd be notified by the 15th at the latest, but they were aiming for Monday the 13th? How did this thread come to a consensus that today would actually be the day? I worry that we've all just gotten ourselves anxious for today for no reason :(

As far as I know, someone actually called the SysPlus project manager, who indicated that it would likely be today.

I was really stressing out before, but I think this wait might be a good thing. Hopefully people with other opportunities will take other offers because of the wait, and people who are really serious about only this fellowship that are runners up will be more likely to get funding. I am on a DOD project studying viruses that could be used as potential military bioweapons, so NSF and most other science fellowships classify my lab's research as biomedical and won't fund us. I bet I am not the only person who has this issue, so fingers crossed the wait actually helps everyone on here that is serious about this specific fellowship versus hurting us :).

4 minutes ago, E1virologirl said:

I was really stressing out before, but I think this wait might be a good thing. Hopefully people with other opportunities will take other offers because of the wait, and people who are really serious about only this fellowship that are runners up will be more likely to get funding. I am on a DOD project studying viruses that could be used as potential military bioweapons, so NSF and most other science fellowships classify my lab's research as biomedical and won't fund us. I bet I am not the only person who has this issue, so fingers crossed the wait actually helps everyone on here that is serious about this specific fellowship versus hurting us :).

Ahh, yes, you work on the elusive ebolapox?

Yeah the response that everybody quotes as saying we would hear today actually says decisions will be finalized by today...That makes it seem like they definitely won't be sent out today since I'm sure they need a day to process everything at least

I haven't really been keeping up with GradCafe and just found this thread because I was wondering if people had heard back from NDSEG (which obviously hasn't happened). Where are people able to see the info about when their application was updated? I just logged on yesterday April 9 for the first time since I submitted :P and I can't do or see anything on the system. There are all these links to all the different parts of my app but nothing happens when I click them. Just was wondering if this is normal and everyone was seeing the sus updates before April 9

6 minutes ago, nkbkwrm said:

I haven't really been keeping up with GradCafe and just found this thread because I was wondering if people had heard back from NDSEG (which obviously hasn't happened). Where are people able to see the info about when their application was updated? I just logged on yesterday April 9 for the first time since I submitted :P and I can't do or see anything on the system. There are all these links to all the different parts of my app but nothing happens when I click them. Just was wondering if this is normal and everyone was seeing the sus updates before April 9

I can click the links when I log in and get to different parts of my application. 

Also we have a giant google doc going 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HHwP8Zyh8W24HRUh5WnObRExb24JhN5ZLTa7p5Q8CkI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by 3st3rb

6 minutes ago, 3st3rb said:

I can click the links when I log in and get to different parts of my application. 

Also we have a giant google doc going 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HHwP8Zyh8W24HRUh5WnObRExb24JhN5ZLTa7p5Q8CkI/edit?usp=sharing

jk I tried it on my phone and it worked for some reason so idk what the issue was - thanks for the link!

4 minutes ago, yetanotherlurker said:

Just a thought to spice up the anxiety -- have we considered the possibility that the dates correlate with when we originally submitted the applications? Like, maybe #DecemberGang submitted their applications earlier (or later) than others? Or not... probably not...

Nah, I submitted mine on the due date. I hope I didn't get ruined by not having a scan of an official transcript. What a dumb f*ckin rule. My impression was that if you get selected, THEN you submit an official transcript.

oof. Those with updates on April 6/7 are <2% of the sample.

I really wish sysplus had like, I don't know, not had a huge glaring error in their application platform. Hope the DoD is better at warfare than they are at delegating fellowship applications.

About an hour left to COB here in D.C., I guess we won’t be hearing today after all. The good news is the thread can relax for the weekend before we pick it up again on Monday. 

39 minutes ago, clb21565 said:

oof. Those with updates on April 6/7 are <2% of the sample.

I really wish sysplus had like, I don't know, not had a huge glaring error in their application platform. Hope the DoD is better at warfare than they are at delegating fellowship applications.

@fishandfreckles

This is what I have (I hope you get the gist cuz i am too lazy to format/write)  

image.png.d9df32a75987e3954515ca7b60f85f5b.png

16 minutes ago, vpaglioni3 said:

About an hour left to COB here in D.C., I guess we won’t be hearing today after all. The good news is the thread can relax for the weekend before we pick it up again on Monday. 

What?  This thread relax?  Come one, we all know that'll never happen.