NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

6 minutes ago, SomGuy13 said:

I feel like it would reflect really really (even more) terribly on the administration of this fellowship if results do not come out until Wednesday...

Unfortunately I think they had a reason to give themselves until Wednesday to release decisions... ? ? ? 

Just now, somethingsimple said:

What do you mean?

I mean that SysPlus probably told us all that decisions would be released "by April 15 at the latest" because they were anticipating April 15 release. 

18 minutes ago, hopefulstudent1997 said:

Still 4/7 :(

I think that the last time dates were uploaded it wasn't like everyone changed at once, some people were a couple hrs after. I'm not 100% sure and i'm too lazy to go read the previous posts. 

Guys this is insanity. Yes if you get the fellowship, that certainly makes your life much easier and is a wonderful feather in your cap. This achievement should not be diminished. This does not, however, mean that if you win this fellowship, that you're done. How you execute over the next several years is ultimately what determines your success. I'm certain if a modicum of the enthusiasm over the dates in this thread were to be applied to your research work, you career dreams would be realized. 

Edited by Metals_123

Just now, Metals_123 said:

Guys this is insanity. Yes if you get the fellowship, that certainly makes your life much easier and is a wonderful feather in your cap. This achievement should not be diminished. This does not, however, mean that if you win this fellowship, that you're done. How you execute over the next several years is ultimately what determines your success. I'm certain if a modicum of the enthusiasm over the dates in this thread were to be applied to your research work, you career dreams would be realized. 

Don't worry, I have the same neuroticism about my research too :)

9 minutes ago, Metals_123 said:

I don't know that anyone is saying no fellowship  = career over and no success. There is something to be said for being able to do research for a couple of years without having to spend part of your time TAing. Plus having your own money gives you a little more leverage on the direction of your projects which can also be exciting! 

1 hour ago, Metals_123 said:

Not sure why you're being downvoted. This is for encouraging people who don't get fellowships. Still ~DecemberGang~

I'd like to believe the dates are just a fluke and we've all been considered equally throughout this timeline, buuuuuut this recent update to some people's accounts (and how few have the new update) really lends itself to speculating that folks with 4/13 updates are the winners and folks with 4/7 updates are alternate awardees. If that's the case, congrats! 

Either way, I'm looking forward to finally being put out of my misery and having the results of this as the last piece of the puzzle.

~December Gang~

That would make sense...orrrr it’s simply just when an administrator looks at our applications. It is possible that they just needed to go back and double check or download something from someone’s app, right? In that case, it really would make these dates meaningless. Haha it’s hard being quarantined AND trying to grasp patience?