Harris 2020

justaname

3 hours ago, bananacoconut said:

Ooooh. I don’t think I’ve gotten emails about the Round 3 deadline. (If any, maybe one? But I accidentally started another application I did nothing with. Don’t know if that’s what triggered it. And I am more than 50% sure I manually unsubscribed from the admissions emails.) 

I now get only the webinar emails, but I did subscribe to those. 

Did you ever get an automated email that said your application was submitted? And in your application, did you say you were trying for Round 2 or 3? 

I’m guessing you don’t need to worry. If it says it’s submitted and you have all those green checkmarks, I’ll bet that you’re a-okay. 

And it likely doesn’t matter whether you’re in Round 2 or 3 because, if I understand correctly, it’s everyone who applies on Feb 21 or before who hears back by Feb 28. 

Even I'm having this query regarding emails for round 3, though I've submitted my application for round 2. I believe that shouldn't be an issue. 

More importantly I would like to know from others regarding documents submission acknowledgement in application portal. It only shows LORs, GRE, TOEFL etc. but doesn't mention about Essays, Motivation statement or pearson essay. Are others facing the same issue? Also has anyone heard back about pearson fellowship and does it involve any interview etc. or it is awarded a/w acceptance email? Thanks

1 hour ago, pau188 said:

I iust got an email that the maidp admissions office wants to have a skype appointment with me tomorrow.. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.. has anyone else had something similar?? So nervous... :(

Best of luck, pau188! (And if you can, let us know when Harris will start rolling out their MPP decisions.;)  )

1 hour ago, mpp.2020 said:

Me!!

Oh cool! Harris is one of my top choices that is not a traditional urban planning program so I look forward to meeting people who are passionate for policy issues beyond city scales. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Herstoriess

7 hours ago, pau188 said:

I iust got an email that the maidp admissions office wants to have a skype appointment with me tomorrow.. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.. has anyone else had something similar?? So nervous... :(

Yes i had a skype appointment with them sometime ago. if you are an admitted student then maybe they want to know if you have any issues that needs to be addressed

18 hours ago, Slycky-J said:

Yes i had a skype appointment with them sometime ago. if you are an admitted student then maybe they want to know if you have any issues that needs to be addressed

I actually didn't hear about my admissions decision yet..   was your skype appointment after you got admitted?

On 2/19/2020 at 1:18 PM, bananacoconut said:

Best of luck, pau188! (And if you can, let us know when Harris will start rolling out their MPP decisions.;)  )

I think they are currently sending out results! The admissions office told me that they will send out results by Feb 28th. (But only for full time degree programs)

29 minutes ago, pau188 said:

I think they are currently sending out results! The admissions office told me that they will send out results by Feb 28th. (But only for full time degree programs)

It seems like it’s pretty much for PhD applicants first. The previous years also seem to have had this pattern. I guess it makes sense, since rejected PhD applicants can be offered MPP admission, which likely affects how many MPP applicants get accepted/waitlisted. 

Maybe we have to wait until after the 21st?

1 hour ago, bananacoconut said:

It seems like it’s pretty much for PhD applicants first. The previous years also seem to have had this pattern. I guess it makes sense, since rejected PhD applicants can be offered MPP admission, which likely affects how many MPP applicants get accepted/waitlisted. 

Maybe we have to wait until after the 21st?

I think so... somebody on this thread got accepted to the master's program 1~2 weeks ago? I also applied by the Round2 deadline, but the admissions office just told me to wait til 28th. 

Did anyone here attend the admitted students event? I live outside the USA and couldn't attend, but would love to know what went down and what your experience was like. I'm in the MS-CAPP but I guess many sessions were common?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask whether any of you applied to the MPP program and got placed in the MAIDP. This happened to me but I'm not sure it is really the program for me. I got a low GRE Quant score, but a 170 verbal score, which I feel might be the explanation for this change. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions! 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:55 AM, Graddygrad said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask whether any of you applied to the MPP program and got placed in the MAIDP. This happened to me but I'm not sure it is really the program for me. I got a low GRE Quant score, but a 170 verbal score, which I feel might be the explanation for this change. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions! 

Hello! May I ask when did you submit your application?

Just wondering if applicants are getting telephonic notification of sorts. Harris is supposed to communicate for round 2 and for those applying upto 21 feb, by 28th feb and going by version of previous successful candidates, many get a call few days before announcement of official results. Pls update if anyone has any info.

1 hour ago, Haber said:

Just wondering if applicants are getting telephonic notification of sorts. Harris is supposed to communicate for round 2 and for those applying upto 21 feb, by 28th feb and going by version of previous successful candidates, many get a call few days before announcement of official results. Pls update if anyone has any info.

It's kinda weird... I applied a week before the round 2 deadline.. and I've heard that many applicants got notified of their results starting at least two weeks ago.. Not sure why they're not giving out my results.. seems a bit unfair that I will be notified on the sameday with those who applied upto 21 feb.. 

49 minutes ago, pau188 said:

It's kinda weird... I applied a week before the round 2 deadline.. and I've heard that many applicants got notified of their results starting at least two weeks ago.. Not sure why they're not giving out my results.. seems a bit unfair that I will be notified on the sameday with those who applied upto 21 feb.. 

It's a news to me. Why are these selected candidates not updating in this forum. Maybe you heard news of MAIDP candidates or those from first round. Can you confirm you heard MPP runs 2 results.

I applied to the Dec deadline and was notified mid-Jan by email (to check the portal). No phone calls. My guess is that's only for the early bird rounds but haven't checked previous years

2 hours ago, Haber said:

Edited by noodlesoup
typo