Harris 2020

justaname

On 11/22/2019 at 7:46 AM, al12345678 said:

hi! has anyone accepted the offer yet? 

I'm also applying to other programs but very likely to attend Harris too! Since I did not get any initial funding offer, I'm planning to use other offers (if I could get other offers) to negotiate with Harris. I was wondering if you (or anyone else) have received information on the official negotiation process? Does it preclude the people who did not receive an initial offer?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ch442 said:

Just got a call too! Accepted with $30k a year! Congrats all :).

Congratulations. I think I saw your decision on the homepage. 170/170/6 right? That's a terrific score ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 11:51 PM, lime_in_the_coconut said:

Does anyone have any guidance on negotiating funding? Has anyone tried to request additional funding either this year or in years past?

Good afternoon everyone, I am needing this information too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 12:54 AM, Elit2 said:

Good afternoon everyone, I am needing this information too!

I reached out to admission and they provided this link:https://harris.uchicago.edu/admissions/blog/scholarship-reconsideration . However, the "form" on this page is invalid. I tried to contact them multiple times after that but did not get any replies. Can anyone contact them again?

On 2/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, justaname said:

I reached out to admission and they provided this link:https://harris.uchicago.edu/admissions/blog/scholarship-reconsideration . However, the "form" on this page is invalid. I tried to contact them multiple times after that but did not get any replies. Can anyone contact them again?

In the financial aid webinar, they mentioned that the form will be up sometime in March. 

Anyone else feeling super nervous? Someone updated the results page yesterday. Apparently, they were notified they were accepted by email yesterday with $35k funding per year. Could this just have been from some weeks earlier, or do you think Harris is actually processing these decisions way ahead of schedule? Round 2 applicants are supposed to hear back in March, right? 

11 hours ago, bananacoconut said:

Anyone else feeling super nervous? Someone updated the results page yesterday. Apparently, they were notified they were accepted by email yesterday with $35k funding per year. Could this just have been from some weeks earlier, or do you think Harris is actually processing these decisions way ahead of schedule? Round 2 applicants are supposed to hear back in March, right? 

Probably wise to get in touch with the admissions office. Round 1 decisions were announced way earlier than schedule (mid January instead of mid February) so it's possible that they do the same with Round 2.

ATTENTION! 

Harris updated its Requirements and Deadlines page: 

In order to allow admitted students time to attend the April 3 Admitted Student Day, we are offering an additional notification date for applicants who submit by February 21, 2020 for the full time MPP, MA, and MAIDP programs. Students who submit on February 21 for these programs will have an admission decision by February 28, 2020. Those who are admitted will be invited to attend the April 3 Admitted Student Day.

16 MORE DAYS! WOOOO! 

Edited by bananacoconut
added link

1 hour ago, crosswordgeek said:

Hi guys! I can confirm that I applied by the January deadline, and was notified on Monday 2/10 that I was accepted with $30k a year in funding. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Congratulations! That’s amazing! 

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats & background? 

On 2/6/2020 at 6:58 AM, Yass said:

Has anyone applied to the Pearson Fellows Program and heard back already? 

I was notified on 31 January. Did anyone else find out on a different date?

On 2/14/2020 at 5:06 AM, crosswordgeek said:

Hi guys! I can confirm that I applied by the January deadline, and was notified on Monday 2/10 that I was accepted with $30k a year in funding. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Hi! Did you apply to the MPP program???

On 2/13/2020 at 10:44 AM, bananacoconut said:

ATTENTION! 

Harris updated its Requirements and Deadlines page: 

In order to allow admitted students time to attend the April 3 Admitted Student Day, we are offering an additional notification date for applicants who submit by February 21, 2020 for the full time MPP, MA, and MAIDP programs. Students who submit on February 21 for these programs will have an admission decision by February 28, 2020. Those who are admitted will be invited to attend the April 3 Admitted Student Day.

16 MORE DAYS! WOOOO! 

Have you heard back yet??.. I applied a week before the Jan deadline.. but nothing yet..

2 minutes ago, pau188 said:

Have you heard back yet??.. I applied a week before the Jan deadline.. but nothing yet..

Get in touch with their admissions office, they're actually very responsive.

6 hours ago, bananacoconut said:

Haven’t yet. We just gotta wait, I guess. Best of luck to you. 

Thanks! 

Quick question! So I just realized that even though my status is currently showing as "submitted" I'm still getting emails about applying before the Round 3 deadline...  Are you getting those emails too??  I was a bit concerned if I 'm getting those emails because something went wrong with my application, or it might have just been an automatic email..

35 minutes ago, pau188 said:

Thanks! 

Quick question! So I just realized that even though my status is currently showing as "submitted" I'm still getting emails about applying before the Round 3 deadline...  Are you getting those emails too??  I was a bit concerned if I 'm getting those emails because something went wrong with my application, or it might have just been an automatic email..

Ooooh. I don’t think I’ve gotten emails about the Round 3 deadline. (If any, maybe one? But I accidentally started another application I did nothing with. Don’t know if that’s what triggered it. And I am more than 50% sure I manually unsubscribed from the admissions emails.) 

I now get only the webinar emails, but I did subscribe to those. 

Did you ever get an automated email that said your application was submitted? And in your application, did you say you were trying for Round 2 or 3? 

I’m guessing you don’t need to worry. If it says it’s submitted and you have all those green checkmarks, I’ll bet that you’re a-okay. 

And it likely doesn’t matter whether you’re in Round 2 or 3 because, if I understand correctly, it’s everyone who applies on Feb 21 or before who hears back by Feb 28. 

Edited by bananacoconut