Harris 2020

justaname

Hi and congrats to all who got in! I have been waitlisted for the MPP (tbh quite grateful it wasn’t a rejection already) and would like to see if anyone has any insights on ways of increasing the chance of being placed higher on the list. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Congratulation, all those who have got acceptance. I have also received the congratulatory email with some funding support. I wanted to know as to when will Harris come up with funding revision appeal form they usually provide. Please share if anyone has an idea.

Also, hard luck guys for rejections, I wish for your success at other programs. All the waitlisted friends have something to cheer and should keep the spirits up. 

Edited by Haber
Grammatical error

Hi everyone, I’m so excited that I got into the MAIDP program with $30k of merit aid! I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of the program. I’ve been looking for it on the website and have found it difficult to find. I’m weighing my options and trying to figure out if it’s feasible. Also is anyone who got into the program worried about the program only being a year long? 

13 hours ago, su1234 said:

Does anyone know what the cohort size for MPP program is?

https://harris.uchicago.edu/about/who-we-are/harris-by-the-numbers

They say it's roughly 250-300 according to a graduate I have spoken to. The total incoming class size is around 600 every year.

Edited by Anathema

14 hours ago, 1stgengradstudent615 said:

Hi everyone, I’m so excited that I got into the MAIDP program with $30k of merit aid! I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of the program. I’ve been looking for it on the website and have found it difficult to find. I’m weighing my options and trying to figure out if it’s feasible. Also is anyone who got into the program worried about the program only being a year long? 

Congrats! I also got into the MAIDP program. 

You can check it out here   https://harris.uchicago.edu/admissions/financing-your-degree/tuition-and-expenses    

Are you planning to work or a phd after graduation?

7 hours ago, 1stgengradstudent615 said:

Thanks! I have no idea how I missed that link lol. Congrats on your admission as well, I'm planning on working after graduation. How about you?

I'm actually open to both doors... not sure what I want to do yet.. that's why I was searching for a program that is analytical, which harris is most famous for. 

I also got into duke cornell and UCLA so I think it will depend on financial aid.

Nice! I also got into the Duke IDP program and I'm also still waiting to hear about any aid. Did you apply to any MPP programs? I got into 5 other MPP programs and the  IDP programs at Duke and Chicago. I'm wanting to join the Foreign Service after I graduate and I'm struggling to decide if I want more of a general education or something more specific. Also does anyone know how it works or if it's possible to as Harris to be considered for the MPP instead of the IDP after being admitted. The MPP was my second choice, but I'm reconsidering it now. 

I also got through the MPP Programme. :)

Just wanted to know, how international is the programme? Also, I see a lot of people getting admissions to be having just 1-2 years of experience. Are there a good proportion of people with more than 4 years of experience at Harris as well (since I have a considerable work ex).

6 minutes ago, Stonecold07 said:

I also got through the MPP Programme. :)

Just wanted to know, how international is the programme? Also, I see a lot of people getting admissions to be having just 1-2 years of experience. Are there a good proportion of people with more than 4 years of experience at Harris as well (since I have a considerable work ex).

very. 53% of the student body is international.

students at Harris have a pretty even distribution of working experience. 40% 0-1 year, 27% 2-4 years, and 33% 5+ years.

details see https://harris.uchicago.edu/about/who-we-are/harris-by-the-numbers