Harris 2020

justaname

5 hours ago, pau188 said:

It's kinda weird... I applied a week before the round 2 deadline.. and I've heard that many applicants got notified of their results starting at least two weeks ago.. Not sure why they're not giving out my results.. seems a bit unfair that I will be notified on the sameday with those who applied upto 21 feb.. 

In a similar boat as you. By results were they all acceptances? From what I’ve heard some students may get acceptances early but rejection letters always come together on time. Feeling anxious now. Also could you confirm if this information is for the MPP?

11 hours ago, ludile_gia said:

In a similar boat as you. By results were they all acceptances? From what I’ve heard some students may get acceptances early but rejection letters always come together on time. Feeling anxious now. Also could you confirm if this information is for the MPP?

Yes I'm a MAIDP applicant, but I've heard people got notified for both MPP and MAIDP applications.  Not sure if they were all acceptance letters, since only people who got accepted would pretty much update online.  Im feeling a bit anxious as well.. I've also heard that schools send out rejection letters all together...  Have you applied to other schools?

38 minutes ago, pau188 said:

Yes I'm a MAIDP applicant, but I've heard people got notified for both MPP and MAIDP applications.  Not sure if they were all acceptance letters, since only people who got accepted would pretty much update online.  Im feeling a bit anxious as well.. I've also heard that schools send out rejection letters all together...  Have you applied to other schools?

Yes I applied to quite a few just to be safe. I know that Harris is a stretch for me so I wouldn't be overly let down if the results don't turn out well. Still have my hopes up tho.

8 hours ago, pau188 said:

Really. Oh man, haven't received any official communication from Harris. People notified for the round 2, please do share your updates. This doesn't look nice. :(

Hi. I had applied for MS-CAPP on 15th January and yesterday when I logged in I saw that an application for MPP had also been submitted on my behalf along with MS-CAPP. Is this happening with anyone else here? Don't know what to make of it. 

On 2/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, bananacoconut said:

Congratulations! That’s amazing! 

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats & background? 

Just saw this now, sorry! I have been working as a consultant/federal contractor for 2 years doing social policy type work, and had GRE scores of 160 Quant, 165 Verbal, 5.5 Writing. I graduated small liberal arts college with a 3.93, where I majored in Economics and minored in Biology.

1 hour ago, crosswordgeek said:

Just saw this now, sorry! I have been working as a consultant/federal contractor for 2 years doing social policy type work, and had GRE scores of 160 Quant, 165 Verbal, 5.5 Writing. I graduated small liberal arts college with a 3.93, where I majored in Economics and minored in Biology.

Thanks for sharing and congrats again! :) 

5 hours ago, su1234 said:

Hi. I had applied for MS-CAPP on 15th January and yesterday when I logged in I saw that an application for MPP had also been submitted on my behalf along with MS-CAPP. Is this happening with anyone else here? Don't know what to make of it. 

Same! I don’t recall opting to be considered for it, so I’m not sure what to make of it either

6 hours ago, su1234 said:

I applied to the MPP and this exact thing happened to me a day or two before they told me I was admitted to the MAIDP (my second option). Hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, piratey1 said:

Applied to the MPP program just before the second deadline and got an email 3 hours ago saying I was accepted. No mention of funding though unfortunately.

Congrats!! 

The second deadline meaning Round 1 or Round 2? 

Edited by bananacoconut

2 hours ago, nosali said:

Applied to the MPP program on 1/14 and just got an acceptance call from Harris with funding--$20k/year!

Congrats!! Did they tell you about the funding right away???  Also are you an applicant from the U.S? 

I'm an international applicant so.. I don't think I'll get a phone call.. maybe an email

6 hours ago, Graddygrad said:

I applied to the MPP and this exact thing happened to me a day or two before they told me I was admitted to the MAIDP (my second option). Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much! This does help :)

Is there anyone who did not get an admit after this happening? I'm just really freaking out.

I am a bit confused with their timeline too.

10 hours ago, Dilemma7 said:

Same! I don’t recall opting to be considered for it, so I’m not sure what to make of it either

Same here! Funny that the AO waived my application fee. I applied to MSCAPP on R2 (submitted on 1/20) and saw the second MPP application generated on 2/25. I am not sure if that means I have been redirected to MPP and will be notified by 2/28 or am being waitlisted for MSCAPP/ MPP.

Edited by Yiiiiissential

5 minutes ago, Yiiiiissential said:

I am a bit confused with their timeline too. I applied 

Same here! Funny that the AO waived my application fee. I applied to MSCAPP on R2 (submitted on 1/20) and saw the second MPP application generated on 2/25. I am not sure if that means I have been redirected to MPP and will be notified by 2/28 or am being waitlisted for MSCAPP/ MPP.

My MPP app was also generated on 2/25. I have absolutely no idea what is happening. Do you mind sharing your profile?

I am confused because I have a lot of experience with data science and ML so not sure why they would redirect my app from MS-CAPP to MPP.

Edited by su1234

11 minutes ago, su1234 said:

My MPP app was also generated on 2/25. I have absolutely no idea what is happening. Do you mind sharing your profile?

I am confused because I have a lot of experience with data science and ML so not sure why they would redirect my app from MS-CAPP to MPP.

I did not come from a quant background, instead I majored in asset management and had three years' working experience in retail banking. I am thinking about switching to risk/data related fields so MSCAPP is my top option. Given your background I think you are a very strong candidate though (I would think you are overqualified, lol). 

BTW, not sure if this is relevant to you, but I am an international applicant, MSCAPP offers STEM extension so I am not sure whether I would eventually end up with MPP if I am being redirected.

Edited by Yiiiiissential

1 minute ago, Yiiiiissential said:

I did not come from a quant background, instead I majored in asset management and had three years' working experience in retail banking. I am thinking about switching to risk/data related fields so MSCAPP is my top option. Given your background I think you are a very strong candidate though (I would think you are overqualified, lol). 

BTW, not sure if this is relevant to you, but I am an international applicant to, MSCAPP offers STEM extension so I am not sure whether I would eventually end up with MPP if I am being redirected.

Coincidentally or not, I have also been working in the banking sector for the past 1.5 years as a consultant. 

I am an international applicant too and yes I would be very disappointed if they end up considering me for MPP instead of MS-CAPP. 

1 minute ago, Policy_Applicant2020 said:

All of you are atleast on your way to an admit! I am not even sure what's happening with my application. Haven't received any intimation from their side. ?

Hopefully the decisions will be out by tomorrow :)

Just now, su1234 said:

Coincidentally or not, I have also been working in the banking sector for the past 1.5 years as a consultant. 

I am an international applicant too and yes I would be very disappointed if they end up considering me for MPP instead of MS-CAPP. 

lol small world! I also applied to SIPA, which I am more excited about, but sadly it is not STEM either. I wrote to the Admin team couple days ago, but received no reply yet. Fingers crossed we will be notified very soon.