MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

Hi everyone!

First post in this thread but I have been checking in every week to see what updates people have on their journey. Currently, I am 75% sure I will be attending Simmons in the fall but still holding out on a update from Hunter as I already live in nyc and know the CUNY system very well as a CUNY undergrad. 

I wanted to see if anyone else was considering Simmons. Also, if anyone has received recent communication from Hunter. I still haven’t been notified if I will be getting an interview and with the current state of CUNY, everything is up in the air. Has anyone reached out recently?

I was accepted to Columbia a few weeks ago and, although they gave me a decent sized scholarship, I am requesting a reconsideration as it would still leave me with a sizeable amount of debt. Anyone who’s been successful in their request for reconsideration from Columbia, or any other schools, have any advice??? Thanks everyone! 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:05 PM, Allanaj said:

I’m UGA!! My friend who applied before me heard back already and I think someone in this thread who submitted their app feb 12th(?) heard back already? But I’m still waiting. I applied on Feb 15th. 

I got in on Friday! Got like 4 of the same email on Thursday notifying me about my UGA email for students (I kind of figured it out then lol) then the letter came via email on Friday. Hope you hear back soon!!

On 3/23/2020 at 12:21 PM, gracie18 said:

For anyone curious about the scholarship reapplication process: I have heard back on re-reviews from two (out of three) schools where I requested additional funds. Boston College matched my highest offer and U of Chicago offered an additional 3k a year. I am still waiting to hear back on scholarships from UNC, but will most likely be attending Chicago if UNC (or my re-review at Michigan) is unable to beat their offer!

Hey I’m wondering who you emailed about uchicago?

3 hours ago, gracie18 said:

I emailed the general admissions email and they referred me here: https://apply-ssa.uchicago.edu/register/scholarshiprequest

Hi there! How long did it take for UChicago to get back to you in terms of additional aid? I submitted my request today, but am also needing to tell BC my decision soon. I am hoping timelines match up

19 hours ago, HFMSW2020 said:

I got in on Friday! Got like 4 of the same email on Thursday notifying me about my UGA email for students (I kind of figured it out then lol) then the letter came via email on Friday. Hope you hear back soon!!

Same thing happened to me! Did you apply for an assistantship? If so, do you know when we should expect to hear back with decisions?

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is safe and healthy during these times ! Congratulations to all the new acceptances ! I'm speaking with my field advisor tomorrow about internships for this upcoming semester and I was just wondering has anyone else given much thought to where they would want to potentially do their field internship or has already spoke to their advisor as well /know which field you want to go into , I am interested in doing school social work within the high school/higher ed level 

Has anybody else applied to USF Tampa on the Feb 15 deadline and not heard anything back? My portal has said, "Your application has been referred to the college and program for a decision," since early February. I contacted the department asking about their decision timeline on March 12 and they gave me a standard reply of "we are processing hundreds of applications so we appreciate your patience." I haven't heard anything since--I'm assuming COVID is affecting admissions, but I was just wondering if anyone else has either received an admission decision or heard anything from USF. Thanks yall! :) 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:53 AM, NHMSW2020 said:

Same thing happened to me! Did you apply for an assistantship? If so, do you know when we should expect to hear back with decisions?

Congrats on getting in! I was told we should hear back re: assistantship early this week. Fingers crossed for you! ?

5 hours ago, HFMSW2020 said:

Congrats on getting in! I was told we should hear back re: assistantship early this week. Fingers crossed for you! ?

Okay, thanks! I still haven't heard back. I've literally been glued to my email waiting to hear back.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, msw2020waiting said:

Thanks!!! We’ve been waiting for this for so long!! Lol 

are you gonna go there? Uchicago is my first choice and I’m thinking about submitting my deposit 

I'm sorry! Just seeing this and yes I submitted my deposit and have my email and everything lol

On 3/26/2020 at 1:48 AM, msw2020waiting said:

committed to U of C today. They sent me a link about joining a facebook group... but it was for the incoming class of 2019?? Anyone else got that? Is there one for the 2020 class? 

I saw that also,not sure if there is one yet.