MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

On 3/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, heatheremily said:

Hi all!

I'm a little late to the game, but are there other applicants who applied to CU for the Feb. 15th deadline? 

I did! They told me end of March/ early April. Praying that’s true because I’m making a trip up there first week of April, which is my spring break. 

9 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I mean they offer like a ton of discounted or free tickets to shows to students, they have specific grad student studying areas so they don't have to be around undergrad all of the time, their library system seems really well conducted, etc. It just seems well run and orgranized which is something my undergrad never had lol

How did you schedule your tour? Like through the social work school?

Just now, Allanaj said:

How did you schedule your tour? Like through the social work school?

I'm honestly not sure how. It was just an option online when I looked up 'visit nyu grad school'

On 3/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, Alinic said:

My application wasn't completed until last Friday. It took my recommenders a very long time to submit recommendations. ? Did you also apply there? Have you heard back?

I applied the last day of the deadline because I go to Rutgers as an undergrad so my transcripts and recommenders also are at Rutgers so it was able to send over fast. I did hear back about 10 days later around the 14th or so. I know a few people who did not hear back yet either so do not worry!! I got in and I did accept to go there already!!

Ok y’all I’m making a call so I can finally log off this forum for good and save any semblance of sanity I have left... I’ll see you at Columbia in the fall ?

Good luck to everyone still waiting and making decisions. I hope for morning bus the best for all of you. This is the best community. 

Edited by madisonc7

8 hours ago, Brittany Joseph said:

I applied the last day of the deadline because I go to Rutgers as an undergrad so my transcripts and recommenders also are at Rutgers so it was able to send over fast. I did hear back about 10 days later around the 14th or so. I know a few people who did not hear back yet either so do not worry!! I got in and I did accept to go there already!!

Congrats to you!!! That's wonderful news! Also, thank you. ?

On 3/5/2020 at 10:20 PM, Alinic said:

I did and I haven't heard anything back. Have you?  I also applied to Fordham, Case, USC, Pacific University, Simmons, Ohio State and Rutgers. So far I have heard from Case and Fordham. 

Hi! I haven't heard anything either, no, but I just read that those who applied Feb. 15th should hear back by early April. What're you leaning towards?

8 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

Ok y’all I’m making a call so I can finally log off this forum for good and save any semblance of sanity I have left... I’ll see you at Columbia in the fall ?

Good luck to everyone still waiting and making decisions. I hope for morning bus the best for all of you. This is the best community. 

Good luck and hope everything goes smooth for you! You and many others on this forum really helped us throughout this application season. You are all gonna be amazing social workers!

15 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

YAY! See ya in the fall! Xoxo

On 3/7/2020 at 9:17 PM, Allanaj said:

I did! They told me end of March/ early April. Praying that’s true because I’m making a trip up there first week of April, which is my spring break. 

Good to know! Thanks for relaying :) Are you seeing other schools in the city at all?

Hi Everyone! Has anyone who applied for a special program at UMich heard back? I accepted my place at Michigan but have not heard anything about the 2 special program scholarships I applied for. 

Also, I interviewed at Michigan (I requested, to explain low GPA) so if anyone has any questions about that process I'm happy to help!

Long-time lurker, popping in late in the game.

I applied to full time programs at Hunter, Columbia, Rutgers, Fordham, and UPenn. Still working on apps for NYU and UMich, to be honest. My ADHD is kicking in ?

I got my acceptance letter from UPenn today! Bittersweet news honestly. I'm obsessed with their program and I LOVE Philly, but the tuition is insanely high and they only offered me 12k. From what I've heard that seems about standard. I just can't justify going 150k into debt for a social work degree... Really bummed I don't think I can make it happen.

I've also been accepted in Rutgers and Fordham, which I'm unsure about. Really just waiting on Hunter!! 

Congrats to everyone who's gotten into their school, and good luck to everyone still waiting! We got this.

16 hours ago, msvmsw said:

Hi Everyone! Has anyone who applied for a special program at UMich heard back? I accepted my place at Michigan but have not heard anything about the 2 special program scholarships I applied for. 

Also, I interviewed at Michigan (I requested, to explain low GPA) so if anyone has any questions about that process I'm happy to help!

I applied to two special programs. I found out I was waitlisted for one at the same time that I received my financial aid letter. I still haven't heard about the second. I sent a message about it and heard that faculty are behind in the decision-making process.

1 hour ago, AlabasterSeas said:

I applied to two special programs. I found out I was waitlisted for one at the same time that I received my financial aid letter. I still haven't heard about the second. I sent a message about it and heard that faculty are behind in the decision-making process.

I got into one of them

I have an interview with my assigned UW Field Faculty. Has anyone else gone this far in their process yet? If so what was it like, what did you discuss? Did you have any questions you asked?

20 hours ago, msw2020waiting said:

I interviewed with Penn two weeks ago but still haven’t heard back. I called this morning... they told me that I can expect a decision letter tomorrow. At this point I’m just assuming that I don’t stand a chance ?

Don't assume the worst. Maybe they want you so bad but are trying to see if they can find money from different sources to give you a larger offer. 

Let me know! I interviewed on Monday.

6 minutes ago, NYCMSW2020 said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is considered a good amount of financial aid for a school like Columbia? I got $16,000 a year and I am trying to gauge if that is average.

I got the same amount! And I've heard they cap at $20k.