MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

1 hour ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Same !! On Wednesday,  they said we should be getting the invitation to do the field placement application or just go on the field education portion of BC website and complete it that way as well. 

I think I got that email a while back, you sure you didn't get it yet?? 

1 hour ago, IPmsw2020 said:

Hi yes, just one thing I'd like to discuss--AM I IN OR NOT?!?!?

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 11.51.51 AM.png

ummm this is really unclear. I want to say yes because they said "next step in process" and they are actually coming to you? I would respond and say you haven't received an official acceptance yet and are wondering if you can have more info on this or something along those lines. 

Question, and I apologize because I'm sure this has been answered:

UW Madison has offered me full tuition, but they weren't my first choice.

University of Michigan did not offer me anything. 

Is there a way to communicate with Michigan that UW Madison is looking more competitive in terms of funding, but that I am very much interested in Michigan's program and want to know if there is anything else they can offer?

Just submitted my deposit for Columbia! Ah! See some of you there in the fall ?

question- how long after you submitted your deposit did you receive your student ID, other enrollment information, etc? I just got an email confirming that my admissions response was received. I haven’t gotten any confirmation of my deposit yet but I only submitted it a few hours ago. 

Tagging @SWColumbia ?

3 hours ago, iloveanthonyrizzo said:

Question, and I apologize because I'm sure this has been answered:

UW Madison has offered me full tuition, but they weren't my first choice.

University of Michigan did not offer me anything. 

Is there a way to communicate with Michigan that UW Madison is looking more competitive in terms of funding, but that I am very much interested in Michigan's program and want to know if there is anything else they can offer?

You can submit a re-review to Michigan for your financial aid package. Just email the financial aid office or call to have them email you the paperwork to fill out. I requested one, and fair warning it is a lot of work. Another 5 page essay and providing numbers on all your finances--from personal savings to rewarded loans. 

Has anyone who applied to CU on Dec 1 or before still not heard back or is it just me? Have you made contact recently?

I'm just trying to decide if I should reach out again even if it doesn't speed the process up. It's my top choice and I am dying not knowing. 

Edited by madisonc7

8 hours ago, Polcc said:

ummm this is really unclear. I want to say yes because they said "next step in process" and they are actually coming to you? I would respond and say you haven't received an official acceptance yet and are wondering if you can have more info on this or something along those lines. 

I was making a joke about how many gd emails CU sends but has yet to send any decision info

4 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

Has anyone who applied to CU on Dec 1 or before still not heard back or is it just me? Have you made contact recently?

I'm just trying to decide if I should reach out again even if it doesn't speed the process up. It's my top choice and I am dying not knowing. 

if it makes you feel any better, i applied nov 1st and haven't heard anything. I'm going to call monday

On 2/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, basw said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

Thank you! I was in so in shock. 

for those of you who got into NYU- how long did it take you to appeal your scholarship? And how much did you get if you don’t mind sharing  (Originally). 

7 hours ago, Allanaj said:

Thank you! I was in so in shock. 

for those of you who got into NYU- how long did it take you to appeal your scholarship? And how much did you get if you don’t mind sharing  (Originally). 

how much more are you asking for?

Hi guys!!! Been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to say congratulations to everyone!!!

I received my acceptances to NYU and BU last week :D

It was especially rewarding because I was seriously starting to doubt my chances, but NYU was my top choice!!!

The only disappointing thing is that BU didn't offer any scholarships, and the one NYU offered was quite low. I could probably make it with loans, but I would rather take out as few as possible. Does anyone know the process of requesting a reevaluation from either of these schools?

Also, I'm still waiting to hear back from PSU and UW, but BU wants a decision by March 4th. How would I go about asking for an extension??

Thank you!!!!

3 hours ago, ambash99 said:

Hi guys!!! Been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to say congratulations to everyone!!!

I received my acceptances to NYU and BU last week :D

It was especially rewarding because I was seriously starting to doubt my chances, but NYU was my top choice!!!

The only disappointing thing is that BU didn't offer any scholarships, and the one NYU offered was quite low. I could probably make it with loans, but I would rather take out as few as possible. Does anyone know the process of requesting a reevaluation from either of these schools?

Also, I'm still waiting to hear back from PSU and UW, but BU wants a decision by March 4th. How would I go about asking for an extension??

Thank you!!!!

Congratulations!!

I recently asked BU for an extension as well. I just emailed admissions and told them my situation—that I am waiting to hear back from a couple more schools. They were really accommodating and gave me some extra time. I think that most schools are understanding of the fact that we need to make an informed decision. 

Best of luck!!! 

11 hours ago, perfectamity said:

how much more are you asking for?

Idk yet! They offered me 17K. Well at least that’s the “estimated amount” that was in my acceptance letter. Does anyone know when I’d see the official amount?