MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

2 hours ago, Brittany Joseph said:

Hello! I also applied to Rutgers MSW and receive feedback of admission about a week ago! Have you heard back yet? Has anyone else received admission for Rutgers MSW?

I heard back Around Dec 6, 2019 and was accepted. I got an email notifying me. I reached out a couple weeks ago to decline. The process took about 5-6 weeks I believe. I also applied REALLY early. When did you apply?

1 hour ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Did you do the tour too ??! What did you think about the program? Sorry about the questions lol I love the program even more after hearing everything yesterday lol

Omg don’t apologize! I love the program SO much!!! I’m literally so excited lol. I didn’t do the tour but I walked around campus after. I’m likely committing soon so we’ll be classmates :) 

Just now, NicoleDes said:

Omg don’t apologize! I love the program SO much!!! I’m literally so excited lol. I didn’t do the tour but I walked around campus after. I’m likely committing soon so we’ll be classmates :) 

That's great !! You're clinical as well ? I started looking through the field placement options last night and I'm nervous but excited to actually get started ! I love how structured they are, it eases alot of stress !!

3 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

Ahhh I so wish I was able to go!! I'm all the way on the west coast so I couldn't make it with work and funds and such, but I've committed and can't wait for next year to start! :)

3 hours ago, SWColumbia said:

I heard back Around Dec 6, 2019 and was accepted. I got an email notifying me. I reached out a couple weeks ago to decline. The process took about 5-6 weeks I believe. I also applied REALLY early. When did you apply?

I applied for the deadline which was around February 1st and I heard back like 10-15 days later! Which school did you end up accepting too? 

9 minutes ago, Brittany Joseph said:

I applied for the deadline which was around February 1st and I heard back like 10-15 days later! Which school did you end up accepting too? 

Congrats! Are you attending? I accepted at CU

On 2/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, CluMSW said:

Hey I just called and the lady was super sweet. She said my application was completed in Dec and has been under reviewed, and it's a 'strange one' that I didn't get that confirmation earlier. So I guess it's just a tech issue! She says her best guess is I'd hear by the next week or two, fingers crossed lol. Best of luck to you!!

ohhh that makes better sense. Thank you, you too!! 

On 2/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, ahhhhh said:

Hi! How long is the average on hearing back from Columbia (advanced standing/residential)? I had to apply late to include my field eval. I would like to have some idea about the length of waiting! 

Did you apply for advance standing? I had to wait too because of the field evaluation. I noticed with USC Suzanne-Dworak and Denver University that I got my decisions really fast (like 1-2 weeks) and I wondered if that was because it was advanced standing. Or it could of been that the programs start a little earlier. I hope thats the case with Columbia too but this program does start a little early but still before Fall 

So I know I won't hear from NC State until tomorrow but not knowing about UNC has really brought me down , the more and more people I see getting accepted everywhere is giving me serious FOMO ?

8 hours ago, ayshaface said:

Ahhh I so wish I was able to go!! I'm all the way on the west coast so I couldn't make it with work and funds and such, but I've committed and can't wait for next year to start! :)

Aww yay!! I hope we get to meet and have some classes together!

9 hours ago, MSWSTRESS said:

That's great !! You're clinical as well ? I started looking through the field placement options last night and I'm nervous but excited to actually get started ! I love how structured they are, it eases alot of stress !!

Yes I am!!! I'm so excited. We'll definitely be in classes together then :) I really love how structured they are as well. It's so nice.

6 hours ago, msw2020waiting said:

Just got in to Case Western Reserve!! I applied late and this is my first offer... I can finally stop being so anxious!!

Congrats! They are one of my top two schools! I haven't made my decision at this time but who knows, I may end up seeing you there.

12 hours ago, ayshaface said:

Clinical! :) Emphasis in Children and Families!

Same !! On Wednesday,  they said we should be getting the invitation to do the field placement application or just go on the field education portion of BC website and complete it that way as well. 

I got into case western!!! My letter says I got a scholarship but I will only know the amount when I receive my admissions package by mail. Can't wait, really hoping it's a good scholarship because I will not be able to attend school this year without a scholarship. 

7 hours ago, msw2020waiting said:

Just got in to Case Western Reserve!! I applied late and this is my first offer... I can finally stop being so anxious!!

Congratulation! What path did you apply for?