MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

3 hours ago, JilltheGradgal said:

Wow! I got 15k yearly and they said thats the most they offer a student.. Now Im curious and want to call and ask more about it. How did you go about appealing?

I haven’t appealed yet! That’s just what my acceptance notification said. I would need more than that though so I’m gonna have to figure out how! But also waiting on my top choice, so fingers crossed ❤️ 

38 minutes ago, IPmsw2020 said:

well cu finally sent my decision, i got waitlisted.

I know this is a disappointing outcome for you, I'm so sorry! UMich waitlisted me, so I'm trying to remind myself that a waitlist doesn't mean a "no"! Just remember to be kind to yourself and remind yourself that you are worthy. I know it isn't personal, they can't possibly know all the magnificent things about you just by reading your application. 

9 hours ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Do you happen to know the deadline the Supplemental Form for financial aid is due ? I'm going to do it sometime within this week, I just hope I didn't miss the deadline.

I don't, I filled mine out WITH my application, so I would contact them just to make sure. (I'm assuming you mean for University of Washington)

5 hours ago, NicoleDes said:

Wait what supplemental form? Is it for BC?

Sorry I didn't get back earlier but yes its for BC, when I went to admitted students day and I spoke to the financial advisor they said to submit it in order to see how much more aid you would require. It asks you to list other scholarships and outside aid, including any scholarships you received from the School of Social Work

3 minutes ago, ayshaface said:

I don't, I filled mine out WITH my application, so I would contact them just to make sure. (I'm assuming you mean for University of Washington)

Oh sorry I was referring to BC, I should have been more clear about that?‍♀️ when you had mentioned financial aid coming out next month I was thinking about BC, sorry !

1 minute ago, SWColumbia said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT. Literally have been on this forum just waiting for you to get ACCEPTED!

Just in time for me to visit this weekend!!!! I am crying at work.

Thank you for the never ending support :)

Edited by madisonc7

3 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Got accepted to CU. Goddamn... About time. I am so happy I could sob.

OH MY GOOODDDD YESSSSS!!!!! KNEW IT!! Join the Facebook group and get in our gc so I can brag about you!!! 

3 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

I hope my interview goes okay, also doesn't know if an interview means anything but I'm staying positive!

Just now, CluMSW said:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

I hope my interview goes okay, also doesn't know if an interview means anything but I'm staying positive!

I'd say it's always a good option to promote yourself personally besides in writing. Definitely positive. Good luck!!!

20 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Sorry I didn't get back earlier but yes its for BC, when I went to admitted students day and I spoke to the financial advisor they said to submit it in order to see how much more aid you would require. It asks you to list other scholarships and outside aid, including any scholarships you received from the School of Social Work

That's okay! Do you know where an I find this form?

9 minutes ago, basw said:

OH MY GOOODDDD YESSSSS!!!!! KNEW IT!! Join the Facebook group and get in our gc so I can brag about you!!! 

You're too sweet I love you all so much ?

2 hours ago, NicoleDes said:

That's okay! Do you know where an I find this form?

Yup here is the link, for the student services website and it will say 'Complete Supplemental Information Form' and there will be a link for the PDF form , print it out, complete it and mail it to the address on the form https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/offices/student-services/financial-aid/graduate/applying-for-aid.html

Edited by MSWSTRESS

12 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Yup here is the link, for the student services website and it will say 'Complete Supplemental Information Form' and there will be a link for the PDF form , print it out, complete it and mail it to the address on the form https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/offices/student-services/financial-aid/graduate/applying-for-aid.html

Awesome!! Thank you so much :) 

2 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you!! :) 

Edited by NicoleDes