MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

On 3/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, nicka F said:

anyone apply to UCLA on the Jan 15th deadline? i'm so nervous to hear back...i literally can't wait anymore. Has anyone heard back or been accepted???

I applied to UCLA around late December and have no heard back yet.

4 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

Got my Financial Aid from CU and not even to my spam. Second highest offer so far as far as $$ goes. May see if I can do a negotiation lol

Congrats! I feel like we've all been on this journey together. Columbia always seemed to be your top choice, and I'm thrilled -- like the others on here -- that you were accepted. Best of luck on your visits this weekend.

Hello! To all those who were wait-listed at Columbia: 

I spoke to associate dean of Enrollment and Student Services and he said we should be hearing back about our final decision by Mid-March.

I had emailed him asking if I could possibly hear back by march due to some scholarship deadlines and he was very friendly in his response. 

I also got an interview call from Columbia soon after as I am an international applicant. Those of you who have had interviews with them already, what was it like? Anything specific I should be prepared for? 

Thank you and all the best!!

11 hours ago, Nai23 said:

Hello! To all those who were wait-listed at Columbia: 

I spoke to associate dean of Enrollment and Student Services and he said we should be hearing back about our final decision by Mid-March.

I had emailed him asking if I could possibly hear back by march due to some scholarship deadlines and he was very friendly in his response. 

I also got an interview call from Columbia soon after as I am an international applicant. Those of you who have had interviews with them already, what was it like? Anything specific I should be prepared for? 

Thank you and all the best!!

Hi! 

I did my interview on Tuesday and here are the questions they ask me.

They asked my to talk about one of the essential attributes that I put in my essay and how I think that's an important attribute to social work. They talked a lot about field placement, and asked me what I would do if I was put into a field placement where I don't look like others around me, for example to work with African American community while I'm Asian. Also asked a more general question about what social justice means to me. And I believe the last question was to talk about an experience where I encountered difficulties and setbacks. 

I asked a question about filed placement and the choice of practice field. I had two interviewer and they were all really nice, they said I'd hear back this week so I'm anxiously waiting haha. Best of luck to you! I hope this helps!

Hi everyone! I had my Zoom interview earlier today with UPenn and I think it went well. I know a few folks have posted about their experiences with that process and I'm wondering how long it took you to hear back after your interview? I'm sure answers will be all over the place, but any insight is appreciated to quell my anxiety :)

7 minutes ago, asap_julez said:

Hi everyone! I had my Zoom interview earlier today with UPenn and I think it went well. I know a few folks have posted about their experiences with that process and I'm wondering how long it took you to hear back after your interview? I'm sure answers will be all over the place, but any insight is appreciated to quell my anxiety :)

Mine was like.. within 4 business days :)

1 hour ago, madisonc7 said:

Mine was like.. within 4 business days :)

Ahhh! That's so quick! The interview really solidified my positive feelings about the program, so the anticipation is already killing me!  

P.S. I was also accepted to UDenver :) 

On 3/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, heatheremily said:

Hi all!

I'm a little late to the game, but are there other applicants who applied to CU for the Feb. 15th deadline? 

I did and I haven't heard anything back. Have you?  I also applied to Fordham, Case, USC, Pacific University, Simmons, Ohio State and Rutgers. So far I have heard from Case and Fordham. 

1 hour ago, Brittany Joseph said:

When did you apply to Rutgers? 

My application wasn't completed until last Friday. It took my recommenders a very long time to submit recommendations. ? Did you also apply there? Have you heard back?

On 3/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, emma-msw said:

Do y'all mind making a separate CU thread? I love reading about all of your acceptances but it's just a lot to sort through for those of us who didn't apply there lol

i think thats a great idea! let us know if you do! 

Hey everyone, 

Guess what!!! 

I just got accepted into Columbia (MSW 2Years program). I am so excited about this ???, I was literally shaking in my bed as I read through my acceptance letter. ?

Thanks to everyone who have shared their excitement and frustrations during the cause of our waiting, this thread and every contribution made the waiting a bit easier. ?

Thanks again. 

???

2 hours ago, Paul-BSW said:

Hey everyone, 

Guess what!!! 

I just got accepted into Columbia (MSW 2Years program). I am so excited about this ???, I was literally shaking in my bed as I read through my acceptance letter. ?

Thanks to everyone who have shared their excitement and frustrations during the cause of our waiting, this thread and every contribution made the waiting a bit easier. ?

Thanks again. 

???

When did you apply? 

12 hours ago, Mindfu1ness said:

What kind of amenities did NYU have? @madisonc7

I mean they offer like a ton of discounted or free tickets to shows to students, they have specific grad student studying areas so they don't have to be around undergrad all of the time, their library system seems really well conducted, etc. It just seems well run and orgranized which is something my undergrad never had lol