MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

17 hours ago, Shabelly said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Columbia, NYU, or Hunter? I applied to all three before February 15. 

I am! I applied for NYU feb 15th and heard back on the 27th. However, I’m still waiting on columbia, which is my top choice ? sent in my application on the 15th as well and was told I would get my notification last week of March/ first week of April. (Pre-virus). Still waiting and so nervous seeing everyone get their decisions! Also their phone # isn’t working so just super long waiting game here.

2 hours ago, Alinic said:

I was waitlisted on March 21st and told that I would hear from them mid-April. It is a weird feeling. I am also wondering if anyone has been accepted after being waitlisted. 

Hello! I got accepted after beinf waitlisted initially. I was told that I will hear back by April 19 but I heard back by Mid March. So you might hear soon. All the best :)

4 hours ago, rockroad29 said:

I have! Accepted and confirmed :)

That's great to hear! Do you have any concerns about COVID and moving to Berkeley to attend class? I am coming from southern california and plan on moving, but if all the classes are online I am wondering if it would be worth it to move.

2 hours ago, laurenwranosky said:

For those who heard back from Columbia, was it a letter you received or an email? 

An email that my portal was updated and then the letter was in the portal. They did not send a letter by mail, for me at least.

I submitted my application to Columbia on February 13 and I have yet to hear anything back. I'm scared. I was hoping they would contact me with a decision by this week. 

2 hours ago, dxnna said:

I submitted my application to Columbia on February 13 and I have yet to hear anything back. I'm scared. I was hoping they would contact me with a decision by this week. 

I applied the same time and was also hoping to hear soon. You aren't alone!

Edited by ahhhhh

On 4/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, bae1028 said:

Same here. I just got waitlisted a few minutes ago and was told that I will receive a descision no later than May 15th. I am also having mixed feeling about this... Is Columbia your top choice? 

Ah! It's definitely nerve wracking. It's my top choice, but is also the only MSW program I applied to (I also applied to a few Teachers College programs in British Columbia as well). How about you?

On 4/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, Nai23 said:

Hello! I got accepted after beinf waitlisted initially. I was told that I will hear back by April 19 but I heard back by Mid March. So you might hear soon. All the best :)

Congrats!!!  Thank you for letting me know?

6 minutes ago, Allanaj said:

YALL. UGA just offered me a full ride assistantship and 12k stipend for living expenses. I literally could get my whole masters degree for $50. ?? but my dream school is Columbia. I really don’t know what to do. 

Congrats!!!!  That is incredible!!! 

55 minutes ago, Allanaj said:

YALL. UGA just offered me a full ride assistantship and 12k stipend for living expenses. I literally could get my whole masters degree for $50. ?? but my dream school is Columbia. I really don’t know what to do. 

Congratulations!!! That is amazing!!! 

On 4/7/2020 at 8:42 AM, sarahmarta said:

Hi! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far. And to those that are waiting to hear back, best of luck! 

Are there any people in this thread that have been accepted to or committed to UC Berkeley for the Social Welfare program?

I'm attending Berkeley this fall.  I've heard of few people on this thread mentioning it.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, Nai23 said:

• When did you get waitlisted? Just want to know the time frame :) thanks for the update 

1 hour ago, Gelibutter said:
  • When did you get waitlisted? Just want to know the time frame :) thanks for the update 

Heard back initially on feb 3rd and then accepted on March 10th!

On 4/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, Behaviorscience said:

I am probably more micro and I already live in Chicago so I commute, only a 15 min drive. Let me know what areas you are looking for.

Sorry that I forgot to reply! I’m not sure yet. I think I’m probably going to be staying near the campus for the first year!