MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

On 4/1/2020 at 6:31 PM, yuenmei said:

Woo! Thanks for letting me know. It's easy to think the worst when waiting... 

Yeah, people who've gotten in previous rounds - how were you notified? Thanks all :)

Hey ! I was notified of my decision via email, they sent out an email saying a decision has been made and then you check the same portal that you submitted your application. Best of luck to you all ! You got this !

On 4/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, acro22 said:

Just got the email, accepted to BC SSW! So excited! Their cover email was so generic I was expecting the worst!

Congratulations!!!! And I completely understand that ! When I got the email I automatically thought I was denied but then it turned out I was accepted and now I'm joining in the Fall ! Congrats again !!

6 hours ago, yuenmei said:

I'm in a similar situation, I got in, but the scholarship is not as much as I'd hoped for... weighing my options... 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just responded to your previous post about how you will be notified , but obviously now you know lol congrats again !!

On 4/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, Behaviorscience said:

I am looking forward to meeting you, this is an exciting time no matter what.  

Me too!! Are u also a macro student? Do you know where you r gonna live? I'm trying to find a place but it's difficult since we have field placements.

hey everyone!

Has anyone applied for a financial appeal at Columbia University? if so, how long did it take for you guys to hear back? I did this week and it says 4 weeks however I have learned things can take shorter or longer than stated. so I was just wondering! 

Thanks! 

So I did the math and it turns out Simmons is cheaper than BC even with the generous scholarship remission they gave me. Looks like Simmons is still my number one choice unless Hunter accepts me. 

Also, did some more research on BC as a school and was very alarmed at the many acts of racism committed by students. Wondering if that is something others have considered in their decision making...   

13 hours ago, Situainti said:

So I did the math and it turns out Simmons is cheaper than BC even with the generous scholarship remission they gave me. Looks like Simmons is still my number one choice unless Hunter accepts me. 

Also, did some more research on BC as a school and was very alarmed at the many acts of racism committed by students. Wondering if that is something others have considered in their decision making...   

Whoa, what did you find? Was it in the undergraduate community or the MSW program? Not that either are acceptable. 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, theworldatlarge said:

Just accepted to NYU's Shanghai / NYC program, with 17k scholarship. I'm not sure whether these are going out on a different timeline from the general MSW. 

hi there! congrats!!!! I just got accepted to NYU Shanghai program, are you going??

On 4/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, acro22 said:

That would be great if you don’t mind :)

Hi there!

Reading along and wondering if you may you please send me a message about the same thing, I'd like to know how to go about appealing financials..

Alexandra

27 minutes ago, bragierrnot said:

With the likely possibility that it will happen, has there been any programs that have already announced their next semester will be online? If so, what was the plan for classes and practicum? 

Personally, I just spoke with my program field advisor on Wednesday and she didn't mention any word of next semester possibility being online, she continued with my field placement "interview" as if it was going to be in person still, I think it is a little too early for programs to make the decision about next semester being online from right now since the Fall semester is still some months away, it may be different for folks who are Advanced Standing and starting in the summer 

On 4/3/2020 at 8:27 PM, msw2020waiting said:

Me too!! Are u also a macro student? Do you know where you r gonna live? I'm trying to find a place but it's difficult since we have field placements.

I am probably more micro and I already live in Chicago so I commute, only a 15 min drive. Let me know what areas you are looking for.

18 hours ago, kales330 said:

Hi guys,

For those who have been applied/accepted by Columbia, may I ask that have you guys get interview before an decision was made? 

Hi yes, I did have an interview and received an acceptance later on the same day. I do know that they interview all international applicants bit not sure about domestic. 

18 hours ago, Nai23 said:

Hi yes, I did have an interview and received an acceptance later on the same day. I do know that they interview all international applicants bit not sure about domestic. 

Thank you so much for replying!! I am also an international student and I just received an invitation to interview this morning. Therefore, may I ask you what kind of questions will the admission officer ask? 

Hi! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far. And to those that are waiting to hear back, best of luck! 

Are there any people in this thread that have been accepted to or committed to UC Berkeley for the Social Welfare program?

17 hours ago, heatheremily said:

I was just waitlisted for Columbia. A weird feeling? Happy to not be rejected, but trying to not be too hopeful that I'll be taken off and accepted. Has anyone been waitlisted and later received an acceptance? 

Same here. I just got waitlisted a few minutes ago and was told that I will receive a descision no later than May 15th. I am also having mixed feeling about this... Is Columbia your top choice? 

23 hours ago, sarahmarta said:

Hi! Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far. And to those that are waiting to hear back, best of luck! 

Are there any people in this thread that have been accepted to or committed to UC Berkeley for the Social Welfare program?

I have! Accepted and confirmed :)

On 4/6/2020 at 8:52 PM, heatheremily said:

I was just waitlisted for Columbia. A weird feeling? Happy to not be rejected, but trying to not be too hopeful that I'll be taken off and accepted. Has anyone been waitlisted and later received an acceptance? 

I was waitlisted on March 21st and told that I would hear from them mid-April. It is a weird feeling. I am also wondering if anyone has been accepted after being waitlisted.