MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

3 hours ago, yuenmei said:

Anyone else waiting on BC regular decision? They told me if you applied by March 15 we'd hear back today... refreshing... refreshing...

I’m waiting as well. I have a feeling it might be delayed a little bit. 

does anyone know if BC is now communicating decisions via email?

4 minutes ago, acro22 said:

I’m waiting as well. I have a feeling it might be delayed a little bit. 

does anyone know if BC is now communicating decisions via email?

Woo! Thanks for letting me know. It's easy to think the worst when waiting... 

Yeah, people who've gotten in previous rounds - how were you notified? Thanks all :)

3 minutes ago, yuenmei said:

Woo! Thanks for letting me know. It's easy to think the worst when waiting... 

Yeah, people who've gotten in previous rounds - how were you notified? Thanks all :)

Good luck, hopefully you get good news!!

Hi! Not sure if this forum is still active, but I just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat as me right now:

I was accepted to NYU, but I'm still waiting to hear back from Columbia and USC. I'm more interested in clinical social work, as my long-term goal is to become a therapist (i.e. LCSW). I heard that NYU is the most clinical-based program, and they gave me a $15k (per year) scholarship -- so I'm pretty set on going there at this point. However, I'm feeling a little nervous about committing before hearing back from the other programs.

Is anyone hear planning to attend NYU for their MSW? If so, what made this program stand out to you?

Thank you :)

Just got accepted into Boston College SSW w/ tuition remission!!

Also got news that I am an alternate at Smith but I won't be accepting a position on the waitlist as they are definite on going online for the summer and the tuition is way out of my budget. 

Still waiting on a response from Hunter, wish me luck and congrats to everyone receiving acceptance letters!

1 hour ago, yuenmei said:

wooo congrats on BC! Complete tuition remission??? Wow!

Partial tuition remission! Should have mentioned that but still very grateful and definitely pushed BC to my top choice. If i'm being honest I had given up hope on getting accepted since so many people had heard back but randomly decided to check my email and there was a notification to check my admissions portal. 

7 hours ago, Situainti said:

Partial tuition remission! Should have mentioned that but still very grateful and definitely pushed BC to my top choice. If i'm being honest I had given up hope on getting accepted since so many people had heard back but randomly decided to check my email and there was a notification to check my admissions portal. 

Congrats on being accepted as well and on the tuition remission! Does anyone know if BC has been willing to discuss the amount of remission, or is it a take it or leave it scenario? I got twice as much from Simmons,  my preference is BC...but I don’t want to graduate with a mountain of debt either...

1 hour ago, ayshaface said:

I got a 26k Tuition Remission from BC but requested more, so we'll see what they say. They said they'd get back to me soon!

Congrats and good luck! Mine was 10k so thinking I will also ask. Any suggestions for going about it?