2020 Religion Application Thread

NyarkoSan

11 minutes ago, waitingonrejection said:

Any word on Fordham Theology? Saw some posted to results page, so I'm assuming it means those who haven't heard are rejected. 

I’m a fordham theology undergrad right now but I have no insight into grad admissions… really wished I could help you. What’s your subfield and whom are you going to study with?

20 hours ago, duckie0817 said:

Reckon PTS will announce tomorrow?

Hear anything yet? Prospective M.Div student here, I applied back in November, and had everything submitted in December, but no news yet either. Had a wonderful interview in January. 

10 minutes ago, sktlab said:

Hear anything yet? Prospective M.Div student here, I applied back in November, and had everything submitted in December, but no news yet either. Had a wonderful interview in January. 

Not yet -- applied for the Ph.D. 

I know results came out around this time last year for the Ph.D. but I'm not sure about Master’s programs

28 minutes ago, duckie0817 said:

Not yet -- applied for the Ph.D. 

I know results came out around this time last year for the Ph.D. but I'm not sure about Master’s programs

Yeah, it's been hard to gauge around when they notify applicants. Good luck to you and hope they release at the same time.

To all on the east coast, is it safe to assume past 5pm (2pm PST), offices are closed and I shouldn't expect a decision beyond that?

9 hours ago, lumpengrad said:

The Committee on the Study of Religion notified phd acceptances and waitlist last night. I didn't get anything, which I'm assuming means rejection, although I haven't heard

Hey lumpengrad--are you sure all subfields and waitlist went out? Why no rejections? Last year seems like they went out on the same day. Maybe there just aren't that many Harvard applicants on Grad Cafe this year?

14 minutes ago, Ian d'thou said:

Hey lumpengrad--are you sure all subfields and waitlist went out? Why no rejections? Last year seems like they went out on the same day. Maybe there just aren't that many Harvard applicants on Grad Cafe this year?

I know for sure two acceptances yesterday were in two different sub fields. I don't know about wait lists. 

44 minutes ago, batyah said:

Just got a rejection email from BUSTH. Drew it is for me! Still disappointed though. But trying not to be greedy, since I get to go where I wanted to from the start.

I'm so sorry, @batyah, but I am so glad that you got into Drew and it was your first choice! I understand the disappointment, though.

1 hour ago, Ian d'thou said:

I am not sure all subfields and waitlists went out--I just heard from a few friends at HDS who got in, and one who was waitlisted (all were notified through the portal). I still haven't heard anything on my application (I'm Christianity/history), and it's possible more acceptances are on their way. It's also the first year the committee has implemented the new subfields, so maybe that's what is causing the delays?

Just a few updates:

UC St. Barbara has sent out offers, someone on the results page asked about it. I also heard about someone getting into Indiana Bloomington and into UCLA NELC. 

Harvard has sent all their offers and waitlists. 

12 hours ago, soror said:

Just a few updates:

UC St. Barbara has sent out offers, someone on the results page asked about it. I also heard about someone getting into Indiana Bloomington and into UCLA NELC. 

Harvard has sent all their offers and waitlists. 

Harvard has sent all offers and waitlists for Phd only, or for MTS/Mdiv too?

29 minutes ago, JF2F said:

Harvard has sent all offers and waitlists for Phd only, or for MTS/Mdiv too?

I think it would be uncharacteristically early if they had. When I applied to HDS and YDS in the fall of 2017, I didn't hear back unti mid-March (around the 17th, or the 18th, I think?).

I received an official letter of acceptance to Oxford's postgraduate diploma (PGDip) in Theology and Religion this morning. I originally had applied to the Master of Studies (MSt) in Theology, but an admissions official emailed about a week or so ago and asked if I would agree to my application being redirected (and informally accepted) to the PGDip. I agreed.

I'm wondering: has anyone heard of PGDip students being funded at all? For those who don't know what the PGDip is (like myself before I received the email): it's essentially a degree below an MSt, commonly understood as a masters without a dissertation. Here's the page for it: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/pgdip-theology-and-religion?wssl=1. It's recommended that folks who don't have a previous degree in theology apply for this course, and given that my degree is in philosophy and political science, this might be why I was redirected. 

I imagine the chances of funding are low, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience or knowledge of this kind of situation. Oxford would be a wonderful place to study, but I'm not optimistic about it being a practical choice financially. 

34 minutes ago, pax et caritas said:

I received an official letter of acceptance to Oxford's postgraduate diploma (PGDip) in Theology and Religion this morning. I originally had applied to the Master of Studies (MSt) in Theology, but an admissions official emailed about a week or so ago and asked if I would agree to my application being redirected (and informally accepted) to the PGDip. I agreed.

I'm wondering: has anyone heard of PGDip students being funded at all? For those who don't know what the PGDip is (like myself before I received the email): it's essentially a degree below an MSt, commonly understood as a masters without a dissertation. Here's the page for it: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/pgdip-theology-and-religion?wssl=1. It's recommended that folks who don't have a previous degree in theology apply for this course, and given that my degree is in philosophy and political science, this might be why I was redirected. 

I imagine the chances of funding are low, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience or knowledge of this kind of situation. Oxford would be a wonderful place to study, but I'm not optimistic about it being a practical choice financially. 

I'm in something of the same boat for an Oxford MSt. It's definitely at the top of my list, but unless I get really lucky with the funding I don't think it's going to happen. Does anyone know if the funding decisions usually do take 8-10 weeks after the initial offer and what I should realistically expect?

Just now, letseat said:

Never mind on my Princeton question: just received an email regarding application status! Good timing. 

Still, if you have any insider info on Emory's timeline -- let us know!

Hey, I was waiting on Emory too, but in Islamic - I checked the results for Emory in general and the notes have people across diff departments wondering what's going on...so maybe its school wide? 

Rejected from Syracuse. Had one Skype interview, two phone interviews with my professor of interest (both of which exceeded an hour of positive conversation), and woke up to a rejection letter. Beyond devastated, feeling like I've been strung along for the last two weeks.