2020 Religion Application Thread

NyarkoSan

11 hours ago, rejectedndejected said:

If you are in at Notre Dame, you will hear back around Feb. 22/23.  If you don't hear back then, you got dinged.  I was waitlisted last year to their MTS.  The year before that I was dinged.  Hence I know.  From experience. 

Dang... does ND have a lower acceptance rate than YDS and UChicago Divinity's? 

Edited by Fiat

10 minutes ago, batyah said:

Oh my goodness, I am trying not to obsessively check my email and school status portals, but it is so hard! I just want to know, good news or bad! I am getting so impatient!

Sharing this obsessiveness with you today, friend. The silence is deafening.

6 minutes ago, professionalmethodist said:

Sharing this obsessiveness with you today, friend. The silence is deafening.

I’m with you all on this. Waiting to hear from Harvard (Committee), Chicago (Divinity), and Yale (Religious Studies). All three schools let people know either exactly today or close to today last year. I’m hoping at least one of the three says something—anything!

The wait is actually quite a bit worse with gradcafe because I’m now expecting something today while in reality a response is not at all guaranteed!

14 minutes ago, soitgoes said:

I’m with you all on this. Waiting to hear from Harvard (Committee), Chicago (Divinity), and Yale (Religious Studies). All three schools let people know either exactly today or close to today last year. I’m hoping at least one of the three says something—anything!

The wait is actually quite a bit worse with gradcafe because I’m now expecting something today while in reality a response is not at all guaranteed!

I am not sure about Harvard. UChicago's decisions normally come out in the first week of March, though in the past years people were posting results around Feb. 27. Yale's decisions come out on March 15. 

Just reactivated my old Gradcafe account to share this information.

My dearest friend is a phd student at Harvard’s religion program and he has just sent me a message saying that the official offers of admission WILL NOT be sent out today (unlike 2019). 

He said the reviewing process at Harvard(religion) has been quite slow this year and the adcom finally recommended their finalists for admission to the Graduate School only few days ago- which he said his friend working for Harvard’s GSAS confirmed as well. It may take up to a week for the Graduate School to release official decisions. He mentioned that everyone may receive a notification of acceptance or rejection either next Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

I hope this information will help you to relieve any anxiety you have been feeling about Harvard decision and to have a less-anxious Valentine’s day. 

Good luck folks!

I was notified this morning that I'm on the waitlist for Notre Dame's MTS program. Does anyone have a sense as to how likely it is for someone on the waitlist to get an offer? I assume it's quite low, especially for this program. Though the person who emailed me told me he thinks there's a decent chance they get to the waitlist this year, in case that's helpful information for anyone else. 

I hope everyone is having a happy Valentine's day!

Edited by pax et caritas

29 minutes ago, F. Frances said:

Just reactivated my old Gradcafe account to share this information.

My dearest friend is a phd student at Harvard’s religion program and he has just sent me a message saying that the official offers of admission WILL NOT be sent out today (unlike 2019). 

He said the reviewing process at Harvard(religion) has been quite slow this year and the adcom finally recommended their finalists for admission to the Graduate School only few days ago- which he said his friend working for Harvard’s GSAS confirmed as well. It may take up to a week for the Graduate School to release official decisions. He mentioned that everyone may receive a notification of acceptance or rejection either next Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

I hope this information will help you to relieve any anxiety you have been feeling about Harvard decision and to have a less-anxious Valentine’s day. 

Good luck folks!

Does this also apply for the Divinity School and their Masters programs?

28 minutes ago, pax et caritas said:

I was notified this morning that I'm on the waitlist for Notre Dame's MTS program. Does anyone have a sense as to how likely it is for someone on the waitlist to get an offer? I assume it's quite low, especially for this program. Though the person who emailed me told me he thinks there's a decent chance they get to the waitlist this year, in case that's helpful information for anyone else. 

I didn't hear anything from ND's MTS so... I probably have been rejected.

46 minutes ago, PonderingPerson400 said:

Does this also apply for the Divinity School and their Masters programs?

No, the phd program at Harvard is part of the Committee on the Study of Religion in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences--whereas the Div school has its own, separate admissions process for masters students. Current HDS Mdiv here, feel free to message with questions! I don't have much insight into the admissions committee but can potentially answer questions about the program, campus life, etc.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:03 AM, SAH08 said:

Looks like several programs (Harvard, BUSTH, etc.) sent out notifications around this time las year. Hope to hear something by the end of the week! 

Has anyone heard from BUSTH if they applied there? Good or bad? 

2 hours ago, pax et caritas said:

What program did you apply for the MTS for?  WRWC?  I was waitlisted last year and didn't get in.

1 minute ago, pax et caritas said:

Moral Theology! I'm sorry to hear that. Did you apply again?

I was liturgical studies.  Thanks for the condolences.  I did apply again, but I have not heard anything as yet.  I wonder if that means I'm dinged...  Have all subfields gone out yet, or just Moral Theo and WRWC?  Does anyone know?  What number are you on the waitlist?