2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

1 minute ago, Karakoram said:

I'm sorry. Same here. Just got the rejection 1 min ago. :( 

My condolences to you as well. I feel pretty ok, mainly because Cornell was my least favorite program of the five I applied to. Should have applied to Brown instead. But it was the first reply, so stings a little.

Edited by rbr542

1 minute ago, rbr542 said:

My condolences to you as well. I feel pretty ok, mainly because Cornell was my least favorite program of the five I applied to. Should have applied to Brown instead.

Thank you. :3 Applied to Brown here. But after re-reading my writing sample, I have a hunch that I might fail all. :( Which I shouldn't do at the moment coz I still have classes to go and a dissertation to write. Well, but I've done so many stupid things. Haha. 

Hi all! 

I've been lurking for the past week but thought I'd officially join and be a part of the convo. I appreciate how positive and supportive everyone is on this forum! I also enjoy the side convo that only tangentially have to do with acceptances :) 

I just saw on the results board to see that someone got a call for an interview with Hunter. Does anyone know if Hunter interviews everyone or just people they are on the fence about? 

Oh god @KITKAT10 where are you seeing this about Hunter? For fiction or poetry? I really want to get in to Hunter (applied for poetry) so I'm nervous!!

In other news, I got waitlisted at Cornell! I'm shocked. Hoping people deny their acceptances so I can get into one program at least! Feels both like a win and a little bit of a loss, but we'll see what happens with the rest. Congrats to all who've heard about acceptances and best of luck to those who are still waiting!

@catkin Buried under all the Cornell rejections (congrats on your waitlist!!! sending you good vibes to be removed from the list and accepted ASAP)! See attached. It's for Fiction. 

Seems really early for Hunter looking at results from previous years. Also, can't tell if they interview everyone!

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 5.18.08 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

Rejected by Cornell. I might be seeing some of you next year tbh. I’m not sure I would go anywhere else left on my list besides Iowa.

It’s been rough on you so early!!! 

Damn :( I was hoping for you as soon as I saw Cornell went out. So Sorry friend. 

Congrats to everyone else. I just haven’t been able to keep up with everyone’s news, the forum has gotten really active really fast. 

On 2/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, CultyCoolSchool said:

Hi’ !!! Huge congestion’s I was so excited to go and apply to this school too. Do you think this means if we haven’t heard back it’s rejection time? I got this in an email on the eleventh when I finally found out my official transcript hadn’t been received

Thanks for following up on your official transcripts. If you followed the instructions in my original email below, then your transcripts will be sent directly to our Admissions Office for processing. After processing is complete, which usually takes about a week, I will have access to your official transcripts. If you would like to confirm receipt of your official transcripts, you can contact our Admissions Office at 816-235-8652. 

Rest assured that we consider your application on time and our faculty had all the information needed to begin reviewing your application to make a preliminary decision.

I think that’s pretty clear rejection right?! It’s ok as terribly sad as I am cause there are 9 more schools. However any thoughts are greatly appreciated 

U GO GIRL! 

Hi! Thank you ? I don’t think this is clear rejection at all!! I also sent my transcripts in late and had to email my unofficial ones haha. I wish I would have asked about the status of seats left, but something in the way she was speaking made me believe that when she talked to me they hadn’t sent out all acceptances yet. All she did tell me is that they have accepted two screenwriters so far to that program. Best of luck to you, I hope there is good news soon!

So I think I found out what I’ll be doing before I wait for next year to come around (Yes I’ve already given up before it’s over). I know most of us are literary fiction and poetry, but I really want to write a fantasy novel to escape, at least for a little while. I know it sounds like I’ve devolved, maybe I have, but I think this might be a lot less pressure on me as a writer and poet. I could use less pressure at the moment if I’m being honest.