California Programs

I wanted to make a thread for CA programs since I've seen them made for last year and it's been pretty helpful! I know that CSU Fullerton just sent out an email saying that over 500 people applied and that to even be considered you have to have taken 8+ of their pre-reqs. Has anyone else heard anything? 

Good luck in waiting! I know CA schools take forever to get back to students.

I also got that same email from CSUF! I did my pre-requisites at CSUF so I don't need to worry about that. The email also stated that on March 8th they will send out emails inviting some students to the Open House they have. I've heard from a friend that getting an invite to the Open House is a really good sign! I'm still waiting to hear back from Chapman and Redlands and I have an interview with Loma Linda on the 28th. 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Gracie_whatevs said:

Why is it that even after interviewing, schools take so long to get back to you? What are they doing in that time? I just feel like once they have reviewed all applications and have interviewed everyone they wanted to, it should only take a quick discussion to decide who to accept. 

I think it's because they're waiting to interview more people. I have heard of schools doing all of the interviews at once and still taking forever, and I have no clue what that means lol

17 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I think it's because they're waiting to interview more people. I have heard of schools doing all of the interviews at once and still taking forever, and I have no clue what that means lol

I agree with this. Also, you have to remember that professors are suuuuuper busy people. They need to teach, grade assignments, maybe do research, mentor students, be clinic supervisors, have staff meetings, etc etc. I feel like it's probably difficult to find times where the whole admission committee is in the same room together, plus the time it takes to actually decide on the applicants. 

I was just wait listed from SDSU this afternoon! They're my top choice ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall GPA: 3.61 // CSD GPA: 3.86 // GRE: 158 V 153 Q 4.0 AW

SDSU, CSULB, CSULA, UT Austin, CSUN

Applied || Interview || Accepted || Waitlisted || Rejected

17 hours ago, Madmart said:

I was just wait listed from SDSU this afternoon! They're my top choice ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall GPA: 3.61 // CSD GPA: 3.86 // GRE: 158 V 153 Q 4.0 AW

SDSU, CSULB, CSULA, UT Austin, CSUN

Applied || Interview || Accepted || Waitlisted || Rejected

I am in the same boat - wait listed and they're my top choice! I'm sending in a letter of continued interest today so here's hoping we can get in off the wait list ?

2 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

Me too! I'm so excited! Fingers crossed and good luck :) 

Congrats girl! Good luck to you too! 

22 hours ago, MsFutureSLP said:

I saw that someone heard back from University of Redlands today, has anyone else heard anything? I'm so anxious to find out! 

I got an email yesterday around 3 pm PST with an attached letter saying I was accepted!

23 minutes ago, laurelstock said:

I got an email yesterday around 3 pm PST with an attached letter saying I was accepted!

Thank you so much for letting me know! I haven't received anything and the wait is killing me! I'm hoping that no news is good news at this point.

I got an email saying that they are going to host an Open House on Friday March 13 but since coronavirus is a thing they're doing it online via zoom and people have to choose timeslots. I didn't know that they sent out acceptances before the open house though. Congrats to them though.

15 hours ago, slpvee said:

Saw some people posted acceptances from Fullerton in the results page. Did anyone get anything? 

I have not received anything but I looked on the student portal account and it says no decision has been made yet.