NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

23 minutes ago, BioFish said:

Every university has a quota of NSERC PGS/CGS D applications that they can submit to NSERC after internal review. 

I'm not sure this is true. The larger universities do have a quota for the number of applications they can submit but I believe some of the smaller institutions are asked to apply directly through the funding agency and have no quota. The quotas are meant to even the playing field a bit so that Toronto, BC and McGill don't get like 90% of the awards.

8 minutes ago, RNA-Guy said:

I'm not sure this is true. The larger universities do have a quota for the number of applications they can submit but I believe some of the smaller institutions are asked to apply directly through the funding agency and have no quota. The quotas are meant to even the playing field a bit so that Toronto, BC and McGill don't get like 90% of the awards.

Sorry, I should have said most instead of every. U of T, certainly.

Just now, rejected_ubc said:

Just got an email from my department saying I did not get the award. I did not get the email you are all talking about. 

Our university (faculty of graduate studies) never said a thing abt them getting notified before we do...let alone at the departmental level.....final results are through NSERC only ....you are tempting me to email my department now....

2 minutes ago, StructIntern said:

Our university (faculty of graduate studies) never said a thing abt them getting notified before we do...let alone at the departmental level.....final results are through NSERC only ....you are tempting me to email my department now....

Last year our "faculty of graduate studies" emailed us a few days after the winners received their notifications. So i heard word before the snail mail some people got a few weeks later. So it seems like somebody gets the news before we do...

Edited by vireo

I applied to CIHR and had emailed my department admin. She said the NSERC awards were posted to the graduate programs today. So sounds like the departments hear back first and may email. 

Edited by Sandyf

7 minutes ago, Sandyf said:

I applied to CIHR and had emailed my department admin (UBC). She said the NSERC awards were posted to the graduate programs today. So sounds like the departments hear back first and may email. 

Posted in graduate programs? You mean emailed to program coordinators? I am sure NSERC has attached a non-disclosure statement somewhere....

2 minutes ago, AlphaBetta 12 said:

I received the two emails, username and password.

with your results? ?

Edited by vireo

1 minute ago, AlphaBetta 12 said:

I received the two emails, username and password.

What does your last name start with? I'm 'B' and received the initial email about the extranet but no username or password yet. In any case, the wording of that initial email suggests that we will not hear anything definitive until tomorrow.

Just now, RNA-Guy said:

What does your last name start with? I'm 'B' and received the initial email about the extranet but no username or password yet. In any case, the wording of that initial email suggests that we will not hear anything definitive until tomorrow.

My last name starts with an A.

UPDATE: LOL NSERC likes to play, I can't see my results yet.

Just now, Tararizer said:

What dedication to this group. Informing us about the email before checking your own results 

hahahaha