NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

11 minutes ago, MKE said:

Schools have an internal selection process, I got an email when they forwarded my application to NSERC. My application shows "Received" on the NSERC website.

I am already a PhD student at the University, half way through my second year, I never heard about an internal selection system for current students, are you sure about this?

Just now, SaraA said:

I am already a PhD student at the University, half way through my second year, I never heard about an internal selection system for current students, are you sure about this?

Check your school's website regarding tri-council funding....the information should be public and transparent....

Just now, SaraA said:

Every university has a quota of NSERC PGS/CGS D applications that they can submit to NSERC after internal review. 

7 minutes ago, SaraA said:

Double check with your university. I had a friend who had to apply externally (research portal) because his university didn't have an internal process.

Edited by AlphaBetta 12

Just now, SaraA said:

What is your university? I have friends in grad programs across the country and the internal review seems to be pretty standard. Many schools even give those who are nominated/sent to Ottawa a last look at their application to fix any issues noted by internal reviewers.

Just my experience YMMV

2 minutes ago, Crawn said:

What is your university? I have friends in grad programs across the country and the internal review seems to be pretty standard. Many schools even give those who are nominated/sent to Ottawa a last look at their application to fix any issues noted by internal reviewers.

Just my experience YMMV

I am at UofT

Just now, StructIntern said:

This may sound conspiratorial but every yr NSERC seems to be very creative abt how they release the results......

"creative" is a very polite way of putting it! I would rather have had radio silence for one more day and then the result! Not gonna be able to get any work done for the next 24 hours!

Just now, MKE said:

It seems like they've having fun...create a new website, then send an email telling us to expect a second and third email...

I can't wait to obsess over the next two emails. And then end up being one of the people who don't get it within 2 days (as they predict). ?

4 minutes ago, SaraA said:

I am at UofT

I would suggest contacting your department or the awards office. They will be able to clarify whether your application was forwarded to the national competition or not.

You can also look at some of the information available here