NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

So my university sent an email saying the results will be released April 15th. But they also said "Vanier Canada Scholarships and Tri-council PhD results will be announced once the agency has provided an updated timeline".

So I don't know if they actually know the release date or just basing it off the mid-April autoreply email from NSERC

1 hour ago, MKE said:

So my university sent an email saying the results will be released April 15th. But they also said "Vanier Canada Scholarships and Tri-council PhD results will be announced once the agency has provided an updated timeline".

So I don't know if they actually know the release date or just basing it off the mid-April autoreply email from NSERC

I don't think they know the exact release date but April 15 is a safe answer....it could be that huge swaths of students emailed your univ admin instead of NSERC and they just grabbed sth to shut them up....

Edited by StructIntern

1 hour ago, vireo said:

My supervisor told me yesterday that in the department meeting the dean told them that NSERC results should be coming next week

So we are talking abt Tuesday the 14th then as Easter Monday is also a holiday ....

1 hour ago, thatblondegirl said:

Maybe Friday the 17th (to match their standard day of release).

17th is no longer mid-April......again how hard is sending out emails to approx 1700 applicants ? You never know...just look at how they messed up the Phoenix Pay System...

53 minutes ago, FelixTheCat8888 said:

I love how we're all over analyzing the word mid-April ?

You know what..the only sensible explanation here is..between making this Easter the best Easter for some and making this Easter the worst for many, NSERC picked the middle ground by making this Easter the most boring and average Easter for all....

On 4/8/2020 at 12:04 PM, tt1706 said:

Congratulations on your achievement!

Was there a date for when you need to response to the offer by? I am currently on the waiting list and am curious about what the timeline could be like.

Thanks. The deadline for the offer response is April 22.

1 minute ago, MechEngBittie said:

Easter Monday is a federal stat holiday -- so I think we can all exhale, knowing we wont hear anything until tomorrow at the earliest!

for public insitutions mostly....private sector still works on this day..

51 minutes ago, Tararizer said:

I've already checked my inbox four times, and it's not even 9:30 ?

Highly suspicious that it is gonna coincide with the CGS-M release which is accordingly scheduled at 8 am EST on April 15....

8 minutes ago, StructIntern said:

Highly suspicious that it is gonna coincide with the CGS-M release which is accordingly scheduled at 8 am EST on April 15....

Why don't they just tell us the date and time like they did for the CGS-M :(