CGS-M 2020 - 2021 Results

Sagesaga

It looks like someone has received an automated email from SSHRC stating that their status has changed and results will be released as of April1. Did everyone else who applied for CGS-M receive the same message? 

I guess we may have to wait for two more weeks to figure out because of the delay caused by covid-19 outbreak. 

Hope everyone is well and safe!

Let's share our results/update and worry here!

Edited by Sagesaga

1 hour ago, underthewaves said:

I got an email about results not being released until April 15 and to ignore any automated messages about an April 1st release.

I received the same e-mail. Funny enough I also just received an email saying the status of my application has changed. I went to check and the updated time has changed, but the status has not.

I also received the email about the delay until April 15, and today received an email saying that the status of my application had changed. Going to be waiting on bated breath for the next two weeks! Would it be appropriate to reach out to the school that has updated my status to see whether they can tell me the result? Or would that look like I'm shirking the Tri-Agency's request that no school release results before April 15? 

14 minutes ago, 123Caf said:

I also received the email about the delay until April 15, and today received an email saying that the status of my application had changed. Going to be waiting on bated breath for the next two weeks! Would it be appropriate to reach out to the school that has updated my status to see whether they can tell me the result? Or would that look like I'm shirking the Tri-Agency's request that no school release results before April 15? 

I decided against doing this today, since I couldn't convince myself that there was a reason beyond emotional labour and sheer boredom that I really needed to know by April 1st. That being said I still might do it sometime between now and the 15th.

53 minutes ago, Sagesaga said:

My status is finally updated today. Still have to wait 5 days to know the result...

What do you mean your status was updated? I've had one update (ineligible) since I declined an offer, and another "update" where the date/time changed but the application still says received by administrator.

2 hours ago, SPIWizard said:

What do you mean your status was updated? I've had one update (ineligible) since I declined an offer, and another "update" where the date/time changed but the application still says received by administrator.

I just received an email saying that my status is updated, but in the portal, it still shows received by administrator. This is because all results will be released on Apr. 15. I wonder what do you mean that you declined an offer? is this for CGS-M? I don't think results are released yet. 

9 minutes ago, Sagesaga said:

I just received an email saying that my status is updated, but in the portal, it still shows received by administrator. This is because all results will be released on Apr. 15. I wonder what do you mean that you declined an offer? is this for CGS-M? I don't think results are released yet. 

Declined an admissions offer so I was deemed ineligible, this was on March 30th. Sorry for the confusion. I received the same email as you on the 1st of April.

Edited by SPIWizard

On 4/10/2020 at 12:34 AM, Sagesaga said:

Oh! I see, that makes sense. I'm going to check the result on the midnight of apr. 14 :) 

Hey! I think I saw in an email somewhere that the results will be released at 8 am on April 15th but could have misread that somewhere

Edited by aussie98

6 hours ago, aussie98 said:

Hey! I think I saw in an email somewhere that the results will be released at 8 am on April 15th but could have misread that somewhere

Yes, I meant 12:00am on 15th, which will be like the midnight of 14th

10 hours ago, prospectclin said:

Same ?

18 hours ago, SPIWizard said:

I can confirm I received an e-mail with April 15th at 8:00 AM eastern time as the new release time from NSERC.

Yes, I just realized that I have to sleep without knowing it for another night!

I got an offer! But I have a question, when I choose to accept, it shows three options for me to click: 2021-05-01, 2021-09-01, 2022-01-01. They don't seem to be dates of commencement, Does anyone know what they are and how should I choose? 

6 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I got an offer! But I have a question, when I choose to accept, it shows three options for me to click: 2021-05-01, 2021-09-01, 2022-01-01. They don't seem to be dates of commencement, Does anyone know what they are and how should I choose? 

I got an offer too and was also very confused, so I called my school and they said it's some sort of problem and should be this year's dates. They're working with on it right now! Either you also got an offer at Waterloo, or the entire system dun goofed.