MPH 2021 Canada

11 hours ago, 1m26c4u said:

honestly ur stats arent even average theyre literally above average girl r u kidding. im here with a meh gpa and no relevant experience/research experience like ??

I honestly dont know wat my GPA is, in Canadian conversion.. I belong to ur category tbh

13 hours ago, PlzJustRejectMeAlready said:

Thanks folks! I feel so far behind compared to so many people posting on here - I did *not* realize these programs were as crazy competitive as they are when I applied!

omg i could not relate more. when i applied in the fall i thought I was safe applying to MPH programs and after reading other applicants stats i've ruled myself out ?

51 minutes ago, brzy said:

omg i could not relate more. when i applied in the fall i thought I was safe applying to MPH programs and after reading other applicants stats i've ruled myself out ?

Same here! I am currently doing a master's in epidemiology at a Dutch university and wanted to transfer to uOttawa's epi program since it's domestic for me... but looks like I can rule myself out based on how competitive other applicants are ??

On 3/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, healthfan said:

My application is finally under review ? Good luck!! Do you know if that order applies to both the MPH and MSc at U of A?

Has anyone else applied to a MSc at U of A and heard back? 

Hi

I have applied to the MSc Epidemiology program. My status is “Under Review” for almost a month now. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, brzy said:

YESSS. Honestly same basically / people are currently in masters programs applying and I’m like ..I should have definitely picked something much different for a masters?

56 minutes ago, xcherry6 said:

Same here! I am currently doing a master's in epidemiology at a Dutch university and wanted to transfer to uOttawa's epi program since it's domestic for me... but looks like I can rule myself out based on how competitive other applicants are ??

AHA. Hey at least you’re in one currently! I’m thinking I just went and got a second undergrad degree for absolutely no reason??

For anyone who is deciding (or has already decided) on the UBC MPH program, I am currently in the program and am happy to answer any questions if you have them! Feel free to dm me or just post here.

15 hours ago, coolbreeze1997 said:

What are your STATS for UBC MPH?

Just realized you may ask the overall background! I got overall gpa 85+/100 in undergrad. As I said, I also had a master in applied stats. I've been working as a research assistant in a BC health institute for 3 years (with 4 publications).

22 hours ago, MPH_16 said:

Wondering if any U of A Health Promo acceptances have been part-time or part-time distance students? I applied as a domestic part-time and distance learning student and have had my application under review since early January. Does anyone know if part-time and/or distance students have found out later than full-time students in the past?

For context, I am have been working full-time in a public health research position for 3 years and have 3 years of academic research experience before this, hold a 3.8/4.0 GPA, worked frontline and volunteered for 3 years in a public health position, have published academic work in an international, peer-reviewed journal, and have had work presented at an international conference, provincial conference, and at a Canadian Public Health Association webinar. 

Hi, I received acceptance yesterday to part-time distance health promotion. Seems like it takes a few days for all the acceptances to come out, good luck to you!!

Edited by knh9

34 minutes ago, Braki said:

For anyone who is deciding (or has already decided) on the UBC MPH program, I am currently in the program and am happy to answer any questions if you have them! Feel free to dm me or just post here.

Hi, I've been thinking to accept the offer!

Just one question- Unlike other schools (having specific streams such as epidemiology), it seems that UBC MPH integrates all streams. So I'm just wondering if I can focus on one theme specifically (perhaps by choosing courses I'm interested in?) I'm quite interested in epidemiology and want to pursue a career in it/ health data analysis.

Thanks so much!!

15 minutes ago, knh9 said:

Hi, I received acceptance yesterday to part-time distance health promotion. Seems like it takes a few days for all the acceptances to come out, good luck to you!!

Thank you for the update and congrats on the acceptance! Well done! May I ask what your stats were?

1 hour ago, heythere313 said:

hi guys!

I just came across this thread. I have applied to the MPH programs at McMaster and UofT and was wondering if anyone had heard back from them yet?

I also applied to Mcmaster, UofT, Waterloo online MPH, and Western, but have yet to hear updates from any of these programs also.

Just now, EmpowerMPH said:

I also applied to Mcmaster, UofT, Waterloo online MPH, and Western, but have yet to hear updates from any of these programs also.

On Western's website under "Application process" it mentions that offers are anticipated to go out mid-April. This wait period is torture ?

2 hours ago, SpringinMay said:

Hi, I've been thinking to accept the offer!

Just one question- Unlike other schools (having specific streams such as epidemiology), it seems that UBC MPH integrates all streams. So I'm just wondering if I can focus on one theme specifically (perhaps by choosing courses I'm interested in?) I'm quite interested in epidemiology and want to pursue a career in it/ health data analysis.

Thanks so much!!

Hello! Even though they don't have particular branches, I would say yes, you can definitely focus your program towards a particular sub-field. UBC is particularly strong on the epi side of things so that might suit you quite well!

Anyone hear back from the Environmental/Occupational Health stream at UofA? Or Queen's or Memorial? Still waiting to hear back from all of those plus McGill ?

1 hour ago, minniexo_ said:

Anyone apply to the Waterloo MSc - Public Health program?

I did! I was accepted yesterday. Have you heard back?

I also haven’t seen others post about this, but I also got accepted to Brock MA (Applied Health Sciences - Community Health stream) and Carleton MSc in Health (STP), although these are probably less competitive?

Waiting to hear back from McMaster, UBC, and UofT (health promo) like others.