MPH 2021 Canada

Just now, BoxingAndMPH said:

They previously give acceptances/rejections over a period of a couple days or a week. Unless you see “rejected” don’t lose hope!

I'm honestly frustrated at the system. I applied to UofA back in December it's almost 4 months and pre-screening still, and same trend for other schools I applied to. It's just super anxiety inducing.

1 hour ago, bbj said:

I'm honestly frustrated at the system. I applied to UofA back in December it's almost 4 months and pre-screening still, and same trend for other schools I applied to. It's just super anxiety inducing.

dude same i'm so anxious it's affecting my ability to study ?  I havent heard back from a single university. My UofA still says under review. I don't understand what's taking them so long

Edited by moonjar

1 hour ago, bbj said:

11 minutes ago, moonjar said:

dude same i'm so anxious it's affecting my ability to study ?  I havent heard back from a single university. My UofA still says under review. I don't understand what's taking them so long

Same ya'll, I only applied to 2 MPH streams at UofA and im going through waves of stress for my future then relaxation cus i'm convinced I wont get in lol.

20 minutes ago, PlzJustRejectMeAlready said:

I think I'm the literal only person here who applied at MUN but I emailed them and they said 2-3 months after deadline so like ...2wks and 6 days to go ?

I applied there too! Based on when people posted results, and stuff from previous years' forums, it looks like mid-April is when their decisions will come... ://

1 hour ago, moonjar said:

Hey! I saw that you had to send over additional documents to UofA- I got a similar email last week as well (I also applied to Health Promo). Hopefully we'll hear back soon! 

5 minutes ago, wxr said:

Hey! I saw that you had to send over additional documents to UofA- I got a similar email last week as well (I also applied to Health Promo). Hopefully we'll hear back soon! 

Wow thanks for letting me know!! I was feeling very estranged in my situation ?  did your email also have that first bit saying "We have recommended you to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research for admission into our program."? It really confused me.

34 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Wow thanks for letting me know!! I was feeling very estranged in my situation ?  did your email also have that first bit saying "We have recommended you to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research for admission into our program."? It really confused me.

Yes - the exact wording apart from the type of document that they asked for. I was so confused too! 

47 minutes ago, bg3 said:

I applied there too! Based on when people posted results, and stuff from previous years' forums, it looks like mid-April is when their decisions will come... ://

I looked at last years and saw it was mid-April but was hopeful that was a pandemic timeline and that they will be more on par with the email response I got a few hours ago this year! This wait is absolutely awful.

Due to not being able to move currently, i only applied to McGill :( . I was wondering if not hearing from them was a good or bad sign right now. I keep telling my self that i might still have a chance since i wasn't yet rejected but is that even how it works ? is my file already in the bin and they just havent had time to let me know ? or are they keeping me aside in some sort of waitlist? 

i'm so anxious at this point, i have no more nails to bite 

1 hour ago, throwawaymph said:

I got accepted to McGills MscPH program. Have yet to hear from UofT, McMasters and Queens.

Congratulations!!! What are your stats and experiences if you don't mind sharing? Also which stream did you apply to for UofT? 

14 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Congratulations!!! What are your stats and experiences if you don't mind sharing? Also which stream did you apply to for UofT? 

Thanks! uh I have a 3.9/4 from my University in Health Science. I'm doing an honours thesis that's somewhat technical because we're evaluating a novel scale. I did research with another professor in cardiovascular disease and stress using GIS software. I was a residence don for two years, currently VP of two clubs (one research and one public health related) and I am a content author for a start up for medical material and teaching. I think that's it I guess. very underwhelming

1 minute ago, throwawaymph said:

Thanks! uh I have a 3.9/4 from my University in Health Science. I'm doing an honours thesis that's somewhat technical because we're evaluating a novel scale. I did research with another professor in cardiovascular disease and stress using GIS software. I was a residence don for two years, currently VP of two clubs (one research and one public health related) and I am a content author for a start up for medical material and teaching. I think that's it I guess. very underwhelming

Not underwhelming at all, that's amazing!!! Which stream at UofT did you apply to btw?

Just got into McGills MScPH program!! They gave me until April 5th to decide. I also applied to a few US institutions that gave me until April 15th...does anyone have any advice or experience asking for an extension for the notification date? I want to have it extended until April 15th so that I can make a decision with all of my schools and information (although McGill is definitely a top choice, I love Montreal!).

1 hour ago, pandab3ar said:

Just got into McGills MScPH program!! They gave me until April 5th to decide. I also applied to a few US institutions that gave me until April 15th...does anyone have any advice or experience asking for an extension for the notification date? I want to have it extended until April 15th so that I can make a decision with all of my schools and information (although McGill is definitely a top choice, I love Montreal!).

I also applied to a couple of US institutions!! Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? I also have April 15th deadlines for the US programs and I'm worried I won't even hear from U of T by then..