MPH 2021 Canada

1 hour ago, pandab3ar said:

Just got into McGills MScPH program!! They gave me until April 5th to decide. I also applied to a few US institutions that gave me until April 15th...does anyone have any advice or experience asking for an extension for the notification date? I want to have it extended until April 15th so that I can make a decision with all of my schools and information (although McGill is definitely a top choice, I love Montreal!).

Congrats!!! Which stats and experiences did you apply to McGill with if you don't mind me asking

For those who are still Under Review for UofA, does your portal show this "Offer Response Due Date"?? How are we supposed to respond when we haven't yet received an offer ?‍♀️

1113480632_ScreenShot2021-03-16at8_32_16PM.png.3f7921f4cf132aee62258fb94af24e44.png

Hey guys, I applied to UofT epi, and the deadline was Jan 18.

My university did not give me my updated transcript in time (which included my Fall 2020 grades). I just used the one I had available. Is that okay?

49 minutes ago, moonjar said:

For those who are still Under Review for UofA, does your portal show this "Offer Response Due Date"?? How are we supposed to respond when we haven't yet received an offer ?‍♀️

1113480632_ScreenShot2021-03-16at8_32_16PM.png.3f7921f4cf132aee62258fb94af24e44.png

Hey mine doesn't say that, but you may wanna check BearTracks. I know they updated it and its confusing to navigate, but the previous BearTracks showed the status of your application as well. If not, then it'd be best to email the department and ask about it. 

Just now, cheesecakelover said:

Hey mine doesn't say that, but you may wanna check BearTracks. I know they updated it and its confusing to navigate, but the previous BearTracks showed the status of your application as well. If not, then it'd be best to email the department and ask about it. 

I've looked all over the new beartracks and haven't found that section. Looks like they removed it to avoid redundancies between Launchpad for undergrad and GSMS for graduate. 

17 minutes ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

Hey guys, I applied to UofT epi, and the deadline was Jan 18.

My university did not give me my updated transcript in time (which included my Fall 2020 grades). I just used the one I had available. Is that okay?

Yeah, that should be okay-- they look at your GPA from your last 20 classes (I think they calculate each course as 0.5 credits so that's 10 credits). Ideally they want your most recent marks, so I'm guessing they'll be asking for an updated/final transcript for those who are graduating in spring 2021.

18 minutes ago, missneuro said:

Yeah, that should be okay-- they look at your GPA from your last 20 classes (I think they calculate each course as 0.5 credits so that's 10 credits). Ideally they want your most recent marks, so I'm guessing they'll be asking for an updated/final transcript for those who are graduating in spring 2021.

Thank you! I believe they look at your last 10 credits tho, may be wrong

3 hours ago, lmarph said:

I also applied to a couple of US institutions!! Where did you apply if you don't mind me asking? I also have April 15th deadlines for the US programs and I'm worried I won't even hear from U of T by then..

I'm currently debating between Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and Tufts (joint Nutrition masters). What about you? 
I was worried I wouldn't hear from McGill by then, but I literally just found out today so I wouldn't lose hope just yet! Also, it seems Canadian schools want an answer sooner than US schools, so maybe the later the notification the better lol

3 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Congrats!!! Which stats and experiences did you apply to McGill with if you don't mind me asking

I'm applying straight from undergrad with a 3.61 GPA from an American university. I have over a year of research assistant experience, plus public health internship experiences mainly in the communications/education realm. I didn't know if I met the minimum stats requirement since I had a B in my one undergrad statistics course but I got in so maybe that wasn't everything!

34 minutes ago, 2helix said:

I received an offer from McMaster MPH (Part-Time). Still waiting to hear from Waterloo and Brock. Fingers crossed, good luck all!

Congrats!!

Did you get an email, or was it on the Mosaic?